PDA

View Full Version : Matte Painting of the realm

Russo
07-05-2003, 07:45 PM
hello
just finished this piece, let me know if you like, critics, sugestions, anything like,
thanks

http://www.mrussoart.hpg.com.br/shots/rlm.jpg

cheers

VanFanelia
07-05-2003, 08:14 PM
Wow, I am no expert in this paintings, but this looks very! photorealistic... really nice work:applause:

Kel Solaar
07-05-2003, 10:09 PM
Everything is painted or there is photo elements? Maybe the buildings are too crisp.

Russo
07-06-2003, 07:33 PM
hello
thanks for posting, I used 3 photos, a lot of Photoshop for painting and compositing and 3dsmax 5 for the builidings

cheers

Dearmad
07-06-2003, 08:11 PM
I'm not sure but the buildings strike me as all being in the wrong perspective, as if the horizon line for them (for disappearing point purposes) is way too low.

Also, and I'm not what it is exactly, but the atmosphere color fade you have going doesn't match (terrain vs. buildings) at the middle where you have placed the buildings- I think part of the problem is you have some serious bloom in the photo, even at the mountain ridge line and none on the buildings. It may also be a problem introduced because of what looks like some manipulation (via 2d) of the white content to the colors from about halfway up the image to the top.

WanielJorge
07-06-2003, 09:10 PM
:applause: PUUTZZZZ, WOW!! you order boy very well here! wonderful! perfect!!!

Neox
07-06-2003, 09:16 PM
i'm sorry that my opinion is not that good for you :wise:
but for me its way to blurry, i can't figure out that much... maybe its just me but is it the aim of a mattepainting to do a picture so blurry that no one knows what is real and what not? i guess you did a fine composition job, the colors are working well, also the light but its just too blurry...

Russo
07-07-2003, 04:04 PM
no prob, guys thanks for posting, it's always good see different opinions about the same thing

cheers:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.