PDA

View Full Version : Animation Demo Reel 2009

oddel
03-06-2009, 05:15 AM
Hello all! I've finally put together another demo reel! I know, it's exciting! lol.

Here's a link:

DEMO REEL (http://delanimo.blogspot.com/)

Critiques are most certainly welcome! Thanks for watching, and thanks for your time!

-Delano

djart73
03-06-2009, 07:54 AM
VERY COOL STUFF:applause:

On crit i have, the first scene, where the guy jumps down, there are no focus objects.
Later in your reel is the same problem, you need to place some objects to the ground and use shadow to the actors.

For a more Pro look, dont you know somebody who has a Pro Maya Version so you can render without the learning edition watermarks?

The Giant animation is my favorite!
4 Stars from me for your animation stuff...

Best Regards, djart73

torresmedia
03-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Got some good stuff here :) Nice work! Keep it up!

oddel
03-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Ok, for some strange reason, my demo reel link is broken, so here is the new link:

DEMO REEL (http://web.me.com/dfathias/Site/Movie.html)

I apologize for that. And as for the comments:

Thanks you all!

djart73:

-Great suggestion! I'll keep that in mind for my upcoming projects.

-And, as far as for the Pro look, until now I've always felt that the watermarks wouldn't be too distracting because my focus is animation. However, if it is going to pose a problem, I'll consider acquiring the real thing. What are your thoughts?

djart73
03-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Hi oddel,

i personally dont care about watermarks :-) cause i always focus on the work which is been shown but i know many people who cant seperate this.

Imagine you send your reel to a company and the person who takes the first look on your reel, isnīt an animator and not able to only see the animation...?
It doesent mean that this happens all the time, but its possible :-)

Greets djart73

djart73
03-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Hi oddel,

i personally i dont care about watermarks :-) cause i always focus on the work which is been shown but i know many people who cant seperate this.

But imagine you send your reel to a company and the person who takes the first look on your reel, isnīt an animator and not able to see only the animation...?
It doesent mean that this happens all the time, but its possible :-)

Greets djart73

oddel
03-08-2009, 01:59 AM
Good point! Thanks, djart73!

CGTalk Moderation
03-08-2009, 01:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.