PDA

View Full Version : grid warp tracking ?

seb4d
07-05-2003, 11:05 AM
Hi,
I wondered if it was possible in digital fusion 4 to track the points of the grid warp tool ?
For example if the grid has to follow the deformation of a character's face I think it would be easier to track each point of the grid warp instead of animating them by hand.

comanche
07-05-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by seb4d
I wondered if it was possible in digital fusion 4 to track the points of the grid warp tool ?

Does it make sense? It looks somewhat strange :-)

You can "publish" (Shift + p) any point of the grid and modify it with a tracker position (kontext menue).

Cheers,
Andreas

seb4d
07-05-2003, 08:37 PM
That's exactly what I wanted to know, but my english is not perfect that's why my question wasn't very clear sorry :p

So if I understood it is possible to "attach" a grid point to a tracker so that you don't have to animate it with keys and you can just let the tracker do it.
Cool, I asked this because at the MIFA I assisted at a demonstration of Smoke on SGI octane2 and the guy used this technique.

Thanks.

comanche
07-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by seb4d
So if I understood it is possible to "attach" a grid point to a tracker so that you don't have to animate it with keys and you can just let the tracker do it.

Exactly :)

Cheers,
Andreas

PS: your english is far better than mine *g*

seb4d
07-05-2003, 10:49 PM
:beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.