PDA

View Full Version : Texture Painting in 302 - Orient to Surface

adam|zeliasz
03-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Is it possible to texture paint in Modo 302 and have the brush Orient to Surface, so that the brush realigns itself to the surface of the model? Mudbox 2009 does this.

Thanks!

adam|zeliasz
03-05-2009, 02:03 PM
58 people checked this out and no one knows? Maybe my question isn't clear perhaps?

Kanga
03-22-2009, 10:25 PM
Yeah pretty wierd,... looks like the whole archive has been cleared out!
Anyhow,... if you choose a brush in the properties you will see normal projection which is the default, the other option is projection paint, but that is line of sight, dont think the brush actually aligns to the normals like mud b.

Well a bump anyway :)

naseerkhan
04-04-2009, 07:18 AM
If you want normal to surface, you have to use Incidence Angle which is only available in the Parametric Ink brush. The way to paint textures is through Image Ink. So you have to create a custom brush that combines the two. And when using the custom combo, then make sure to set BG to 0% since that's what gets put in areas with angle normal to surface.

It worked pretty well for me to be able to paint on pictures and not have it mess up the previously painted areas that were put on from different angles. I hope that's somewhat similar to your difficulty...

CGTalk Moderation
04-04-2009, 07:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.