PDA

View Full Version : Still Life: Dr. Pepper can w/glass and ashtray

ChewyPixels
07-05-2003, 02:57 AM
Well, I went back to Lightwave for a break from Maya (still my fav) and decided to do this still life image. What was my inspiration for this? A Dr. Pepper can! Let me know what you guys and gals think. I, personally, am not happy with the reflections. Still got a lot to learn, but this is probably as far as I'm taking it with this one.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/252803/render01.jpg

mracer
07-05-2003, 03:36 AM
Nice work. You're missing bubbles in the glass...unless its been sitting for a few hours. :p

ChewyPixels
07-05-2003, 03:43 AM
Thanks mracer. Yeah, I really wanted to add some but couldn't figure out a way that would look nice. I tried adding a few tiny spheres for bubbles but the "pattern" didn't look right.

Icarus
07-05-2003, 04:03 AM
Looks awsome, the models and skinning is nice, though, along wiht the bubbels, the reflections on the glass, look a little... odd?... mite just be me, how long has the ciggeratte been there also?..

never the less, a nice still life pic,

going from maya to lw nice change :)

keep up the good wrk :)

TyR-

gumpymaker
07-05-2003, 08:40 AM
The Can looks really nice, other than that I don't have anything to say that hasn't been said...

ChewyPixels
07-05-2003, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the comments and crits. I might end up going back to this to try to fix the reflections on the glass and maybe add some cigarette smoke. But I'm already tired with this one and feel the need to start something else.:D

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.