PDA

View Full Version : Weird shadows on cell character

grafikdon
07-05-2003, 01:30 AM
I am trying to get rid of these shadows but couldn't get too far. Maybe I need to modify the character or work more on the lighting. The super cell shader is not too bad but maybe there could be a way of an airbrush effect( nadda)
Any suggestion constructive or destructive is welcome

grafikdon
07-05-2003, 01:35 AM
I am having a hard time attaching the file

grafikdon
07-06-2003, 11:16 PM
Does anyone know how I can attach the file? I have been trying to attach the file for the past two days without success. I was told the file was too large each time I tried even when I have compressed the file to the barest minimum. I have no clue what the heck is going on.

Shade01
07-06-2003, 11:19 PM
if you are trying to upload it here, make sure it's a jpg at most 20k in size. Better yet, host the file somewhere and link to it here.

grafikdon
07-06-2003, 11:31 PM
There goes...

Shade01
07-06-2003, 11:39 PM
So what in that picture is wrong to you?

T4D
07-07-2003, 12:26 AM
yeah i think it looks correct too looks cool :beer:
where's the shadow trouble ?

if you're having trouble with the cel shader plugin your using,
try using gradients> light incidence with hard colour changes with that you can at lest are back to basic LW and don't have to worry about any plugins doing odd things.

grafikdon
07-07-2003, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the tip Shade. I am trying to get two tones on the model, light and dark. The dark shadow under the jaw is too outstanding and I would love to get rid of it. I am looking for something like the attachment below, it is pen and ink coloured in photoshop, not sure if that could be achieved with the super cell shader but that is the effect I am gunning for.

Hey Shade, been stuck in your website for some time now. Cool stuff you got there man, that stuff is good inspiration for me.

Shade01
07-07-2003, 01:02 AM
Thanks for the compliment grafikdon. On your Lightwave model you've got 3 paint zones instead of the 2 on your photoshop pic. Get rid of your darkest inkzone and that should fix the problem. You can acheive a softer gradiation between zones by blending two zones together, but if you animate him, the blending tends to smear because it's based off of incidence angle. Sorry for being so broad it's been forever since I used Supercelshader.

grafikdon
07-07-2003, 02:42 AM
Thanks again Shade. This is the type of tonal gradation I was trying to achieve. I will have to tweak the shades to match the scenes or I could just keep the two tones and use the light to depict sunset, dawn noon and so on.

shockeddesign
07-07-2003, 04:40 AM
sorry to interupt the thread but could any of you start me off with how to do cel shading?

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.