PDA

View Full Version : Nemo deformation.

jdexforwords
07-05-2003, 01:13 AM
Hi, I just saw Nemo. And I think, always I think when I saw Pixar's stuff, this is brilliant. There is one thing I'm not sure how they achieve these effect.

Unlike Toy story ( or Bug's Life), Nemo is totally a FISH. Because of this, his body is stretching, squashing always on the movie so naturally ( Dolly has also nice deformation).

How can they achieve this? Of course I know Pixar has their custom software for animation. I think that do a lot of things to do this. But how can I mimic these effect on my package? Blendshape? Lattice deformation?

I would appreciate to hear any idea or actual way of achieving this.

thanks.

-dc-
07-05-2003, 06:12 AM
I'd definently say that from a TD standpoint fish would be quite easy to do. There's no real joint structure, just one long chain and a few fins that branch off, if that....

I'm more impressed with the jellyfish, the ameoba's, sea anemone's, and especially the birds in the movie. All the subtleties of these characters must have required extensive research. I think they did a great job of making them look very natural. Superb animation. :applause:

:lightbulb You could probably do the fish pretty quickly with lattices, or smooth binding. Maybe blendshapes for the mouth, or just some clusters...who knows, but it looked great in my opinion.

Regards,

Joe
:wavey:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.