PDA

View Full Version : General Shading and Texturing thread

ilasolomon
07-05-2003, 01:07 AM
just opened! ...

ok, what do you think about 'straight 3d painting on the surface of the characters, with waccom tablet and using slight colors and shades'?

No heavy texture at-all, keep road-runner style.

Aearon
07-06-2003, 09:20 PM
well, so far i think any model i've seen in here would work great with just very simple textures. Skin shades and simple procedurals would do the trick in my opinion. We have to be careful to avoid the a "cg"/plastic look though.. that's an easy trap to fall into. All we probably need for characters is good shaders and some fur for the animals.

I think the sets are another story though, those will need some more texture work to make them look good.. think vehicles/trailers/buildings/plants, these things just need more fleshed out textures to look good.

So... i think we should use detailed textures where it's appropriate, one thing that is for sure is this: if we don't use detailed textures for some things it should be because it's better for the style, not because we don't have a texture guy :shrug:

PaxtonGerrish
08-22-2003, 04:04 PM
I was thinking about how theres a severe lack of texturers on this project, and all of a sudden i realized there are like 3 super talented td's over in the next room :D well what do ya know i says to mself, and i showed them the thread...
two of them are definitly interested in helping out.. il keep you all posted..

ilasolomon
09-20-2003, 09:53 PM
I think before starting any texturing/shading we need the characters' color schemes, like what I had for Alien#1.
and I think Kirt should do that again! :) Mr. Director?

Hero / Mom / Baby / Ship / Alien#2 / ...

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.