PDA

View Full Version : reference editor alterations

litewaves808
03-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Hello all,
I have a question where currently when I open the reference editor in maya, and
go file>create reference it gives me the file open dialog box.
( i looked in the script editor and the history shows that it opens the projectViewer.mel)
located at---------C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2008/scripts/others/projectViewer.mel

I was wondering how to make that option (file>create reference ) open another file>open dialog box (that I can customize ie. change certain options ie.by specific path of different folders etc.) ---as I believe that the default "projectViewer.mel" may be used by other
tools, and I by changing this reference file window I do not want to tamper with other areas.

Any help is appreciated, in particular what mel and/or other information would be necessary to create such a window, and as well what tree(s) to bark up to get to the solution.

thanks in advance,
litewaves808

DOor
03-04-2009, 04:21 PM
off the top of my head I believe you could create your own file browser and call a procedure to open the file as a reference using the following command:

file -reference -type "mayaBinary" -namespace $myNameSpace -options "v=0;p=17" $referenceFilePath;

this is the type of command executed when you use maya's default Create Reference.

litewaves808
03-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Thanks Eric!!!

From what I gather from that info, it should help alot in setting up another reference file window.

Thanks again.

litewaves808

CGTalk Moderation
03-06-2009, 06:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.