PDA

View Full Version : HDRI rendering looks different 7.0 vs 7.01 of the same scene!

pseudopod
03-03-2009, 07:57 PM
I have a scene with an HDRI wrap in Xsi 7.0 where the lighting looks fine. When I open that same scene file in XSI 7.01, the lighting from the HDRI map looks completely different (overly saturated).

I made sure my preferences were the same in Color Management, yet for some reason it looks way too saturated in 7.01.

Please let me know what might be causing these problems.

Thanks,

Mic_Ma
03-05-2009, 03:32 AM
A complete guess, but is there an ICC profile in that file? If yes, are they what they should be? What happens if you output as .exr?

pseudopod
03-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the response.

I'm not sure what an ICC profile is. Where do I look for this?
Also, this isn't from outputing or rendering - I have been doing a render region and I am noticing the difference there.

pseudopod
03-10-2009, 06:47 PM
I think I figured it out. It seems that this has to be reapplied in 7.01 if you have already done it in 7.0. All textures need to be converted to Linear. It doesn't seem to be carried over between versions.

CGTalk Moderation
03-10-2009, 06:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.