PDA

View Full Version : Best State/University College for Game Art - SF Bay Area

windarr
03-03-2009, 07:21 PM
l know there are other threads on this. But they mostly focus on the private colleges such as the Academy of Art University, or the Art Institute of California - SF, eXpressions, or one of the trade-like institutions like Animation Mentor (course that's for animation).

If you wanted to get into game art, like modeling characters, or environments, texture art, etc. Can anybody comment on what state school or university is the best to go to? For instance: Cal State East Bay, Berkeley, SFSU, SJSU, etc. And if those four aren't one of the best, can you provide any info on their quality as they are the closest for me and I'm a little limited on my ability to travel very far.

Thanks for sharing your expertise.

windarr
03-05-2009, 02:10 AM
***bump***

Meloncov
03-05-2009, 03:05 AM
San Jose State probably has the best animation/game art program of any public university in the U.S.

windarr
03-05-2009, 01:47 PM
Really, wow, then I guess my wife was right, she was always saying how good their program was.

windarr
03-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Anybody else have any opinions on this? Also how does Cal State East Bay rank specifically (it's closest to me), and the nearby JC: Chabot College. Plus I also heard that San Francisco City College (also a JC) is pretty good for animation type stuff, anybody else?

CGTalk Moderation
03-07-2009, 01:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.