PDA

View Full Version : Logo problem, overlapping when doing bevel plus or planer

Qual
03-03-2009, 06:40 PM
As you can see the image,

I have a logo, the big part fills in and the other small part is overlapped because of it.
No idea how to explain it good in English so I put all my hope on the image ;)
How to solve this kinda problem?

The blue isoparm as you can see should be showing....

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/131/logopjg.jpg

korthuran
03-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Why not just convert it to polys and fill the gap manually? Or break the nurbs up and patch it manually?

Or are you asking is there a way to do it with just a click of a button?

Qual
03-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Why not just convert it to polys and fill the gap manually? Or break the nurbs up and patch it manually?

Or are you asking is there a way to do it with just a click of a button?

Yea by just clicking a button :)
I know there should be a way... Mesh / Booleans / Difference doesn't really help either..:(
I did covert it to poly's...but still

Qual
03-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Ooooh yea, after been tweaking for about 4 hours+ I finally solve it!

For the people who want to know it as wel..
This how I did it:

Nurbs: Isoparm 1 side and click on Bevel plus (options reset of bevel plus incase you changed it before) So after done the big part, you do the same of the small nurb object.

Then those 2 polygones you keep them close like it should be, the object which should make a hole in the bigger opject you make it bigger, then you go to polygones/mesh/boolean/difference

And there is the result! I hope people understand it incase they get the same situation.

CGTalk Moderation
03-03-2009, 09:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.