PDA

View Full Version : How to select all animation?

MLajoie
03-03-2009, 02:44 PM
i am trying to figure out how to easily select all animation in a scene, when you select the object in the outliner, and hit Select Hierarchy, it selects alot, but still not things like the motion path animation, bend deformers and blend shapes, which you select on the right side channel box , I have to retime my animation, and would like to select all animation easily and squish it, so it happens quicker.

i did eventually, manually, counting how many key frames i had to move eveything individually, but there HAS to be a better way .

THanks guys ;)

Robert Bateman
03-03-2009, 03:33 PM
It's called the dopesheet - and it's there to do exactly what you are trying to do. If you are (for some reason) trying to do this in script, then an

select -r `ls -type animCurve`;

will select all the anim curves.

MLajoie
03-03-2009, 03:56 PM
hmm, still didnt work right, dont forget im trying to select all the keyable things in the channel box as well, that can only be selected/keyed through the channel box area, on the right side., things like bend, keyed motion path, blend shapes that are keyed.

im using maya 7 also, if that helps.

doffer
03-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Everything with keys should appear in the Graph Editor as far as I know.

MLajoie
03-03-2009, 04:20 PM
ya, i thought so too, but it doesnt unfortunatly.

i would have thought for sure that there would be a "select every key frame for every object" button in there somewhere, haha then that way you could use the grapher, or doper to scale the keys up or down.
weird.

CGTalk Moderation
03-03-2009, 04:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.