(only one book):cry: :banghead:
i want advice from those who have the book
is the cd very important with the book
i didnt buy it yet
please tell me buy it or not
and thank u:)

grafikdon
07-04-2003, 09:47 PM
I don't know about Inside lightwave 6 but I have Inside LW 7 which was very helpful. The CD comes with loads of extras including textures ( sorry but I prefer to make my own textures) It will give you a break down of the program with a lot of well detailed tutorials. Maybe Inside Lightwave 6 is not bad but try to lay your hands on Inside LW 7 and you will be glad you did.

$0.02

tejani
07-05-2003, 03:19 AM
to peaple who advised me to buy inside lightwave 7
i didnt found it in egypt
and buying along the internet will cost me alot of money:blush:
please tell me buy this book or not

Petrik
07-05-2003, 06:02 AM
I would not buy six seeing version eight of the program is going to be coming out I'd wait and see what's changed.

Having said that. The CD for 7 has all the files needed to do the exercise from the book on it. I guess 6 is the same. It will still be useful info regardles. But the interface is slightly different between the versions.

Steve Warner
07-05-2003, 07:33 AM
I've got Inside LW 6 (as well as Inside LW 7). It's a good book, but geared more towards people who already use the software. In other words, don't expect to read through it and instantly be able to model the head on the cover. Moreover, the Inside 6 book has some serious details lacking in the head modeling section that make it difficult to work through if you're new to the software. Inside 7 fixes this to a degree, but it's still problematic.

I know this is the only book you can find, but do a little more hunting. If you can find Timothy Albee's Essential Lightwave book, it would be a better find. If not, go ahead and get the Inside 6 book.

Hope this helps!

Steve

tejani
07-05-2003, 08:19 AM
thank u steve so the cd will not problemize me

Kaiser_Sose
07-05-2003, 11:17 AM
Ask the author - http://www.danablan.com/contact.html

I would not buy it with out the cd

Nemoid
07-05-2003, 01:38 PM
Inside 6 is a good book for newbies, but i would not buy a book with a broken CD
yes, u can use most of informations in the book even without the CD but pay attention the CD don't contains the 2 appendix chapters ( in the italian edition its like that)

maybe you can buy it for less money because of the broken CD from that reseller!? that should be interesting.

since Lw [8] is coming and inside 7 already exist if i was u i'd wait a bit or buy Tim Albees book

Steve Warner
07-05-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by tejani
thank u steve so the cd will not problemize me
I never loaded either the Inside 6 or the Inside 7 discs. But that's just me. I agree with Nemoid. See if you can get the book for less due to the damaged or lost CD. And again, if you can find it, Timothy Albee's Essential LightWave 7.5 would be a better purchase. Search this forum. There should be a sample chapter PDF floating around, if I recall. :)

Cheers!

Steve

3danim8d
07-05-2003, 11:27 PM
Tejani,

I would suggest picking up the Inside LightWave 6 book if you found it. It might be some time before the newer books become available.

I would also try contacting New Riders Publishing, the website is in the book, and tell them that your book came with a broken CD and see if they would be willing to send you a replacement copy.

Good luck,

Jeff

richpr
07-08-2003, 10:03 AM
I'm halfway thru IL7 and the CD is important for the texture files only... the models are made in the exercises and you can make those, but the texturing exercises and more complex models require the texture images.

Nevertheless it would probably be enjoyable and you might get a discount... :)

Nemoid
07-08-2003, 01:56 PM
Yap surely the book can be used even without the CD and i think u have to ask for a great discount, because of the broken CD.

its up to your reseller, to sell integer things. so or he gets a new book for u, that should have to be insicde 7, or he sells that old and corrupted Cd book with a discount.

the Inside 6 chapters about interface are good, and also the tutorials work well even if you don't have the textures.expecially the great head tutorial also u can use the objects in Lw CD or demo CD or download ready made objects from some site to make tests similar to that of the book. the fundamentals about Lw are there, so u will learn a lot however.

also check for the new online help from Nt site, wich is better than the manual explaining the Lw tools, for more infos and ideas.

then , if u find it consider buying Albee's book at its real price!!

Steve Warner
07-08-2003, 03:39 PM
If the CD missing is the only issue, you could also contact New Riders and ask them for a replacement. :shrug:

tejani
07-08-2003, 04:00 PM
i have buied it great price
about 10 $
thank u all
you are good friends

Nemoid
07-08-2003, 07:25 PM
Great!!!!!!!:beer:

richpr
07-08-2003, 07:42 PM
:p

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.