PDA

View Full Version : Thumbnails For Wip Gallery

Pyke
03-03-2009, 08:55 AM
I love the thumbnails that come up when doing the CGTalk Challenges. As it is to get replys in the WIP forum its pretty difficult, so I think that anything to spice up a thread and draw the casual browsers attention to it is good...is there any way you could implement the same thumbnail system in the WIP threads?

-Chris-

Cubikat
03-03-2009, 02:47 PM
I'll second this request. It would be fantastic to have thumbnail images in the WIP forum. To the 'Powers that be' please consider it :).

Pyke
03-05-2009, 08:08 AM
Anyone? .....

khendar
03-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Its a nice idea, but unfeasable to implement I'm afraid. The Challenges are a completely seperate system to the WIP forum and the only way to get the Thumbnails to work in the same way would be to rebuild the entire WIP forum. Not to mention the possible server bandwidth and performance problems that serving thousands of thumbs will produce.

So yeah, its a nice thought, but I don't think we're going to be able to implement anytime in the near future.

Pyke
03-06-2009, 06:13 AM
Shoot! Thanks for taking a look into it man. I really appreciate it!

CGTalk Moderation
03-06-2009, 06:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.