PDA

View Full Version : Uvmaps

DADDYGOODY
07-04-2003, 08:01 PM
When I try to make a uv map it doesnt look right. What are your methods of making uv maps to be painted in photoshop.

EvilE
07-04-2003, 08:34 PM
http://www.kolumbus.fi/erkki.halkka/LWFAQ/Smart_Q_01.html

Hope it helps :wip:

EE

digones
07-04-2003, 09:09 PM
did you RTFM? :wavey:

I'm not beeing rude, but I think it helps a lot....

DADDYGOODY
07-04-2003, 09:16 PM
Yes i read the whole thing.

Infinity3d4life
07-04-2003, 09:41 PM
Reading the manual doesn't always cover everything.. If if was as easy as that then we would know it all by now... I wish that the manual was more hands on and tutorial based so that would help the learning process a bit more.. I have the same trouble with my uv's.. I wish someone would write a no bs tutorial on how to unwrap or set up uv maps for texturing.. I know that is a big order, but that is one thing that i've seen more question about...

webfox
07-04-2003, 10:22 PM
This is a great tutorial/trick for UV mapping in LW. (http://www.menithings.com/main.php?action=how&how_id=7&manual=1)

One thing that's not mentioned is that you can create a new surface where the seams meet and bake the UV map out there, too. Then using more than one UV map for your object and the baked map as a starting point, make an alpha to blend and paint over your seams.

grafikdon
07-04-2003, 11:06 PM
You will not get far if you rely only on the manual so I think the rtfm reply is completely irrational. I have read the manual a million times but I still went ahead and bought Inside Lightwave 7 which in many ways explained a lot of things the manual merely glossed over.

$0.02:shrug:

nessjp
07-05-2003, 02:20 AM
The new help document files that were released on the Newtek site when 7.5c was released, covers this alot better than the manual.

These help files are quite good and make up where the manual lacks and is more of an example based/tutorial type. Although, not really a tutorial.

Check them out. Now that I have them, I refer to them all the time.

DADDYGOODY
07-08-2003, 09:55 PM
Thanks But I think I have ever thing I need.

richpr
07-08-2003, 10:18 PM
These new help files are amazing... Helps clear up lots of issues...

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.