PDA

View Full Version : birth after collision

pgill
03-03-2009, 01:25 AM
hi all

i have a bunch of particles being spawned by collision tests and all is fine however i am passing it to fumefx as particle source. the problem i have is that the original particles which test for collision in the birth event are also participating in the fumefx sim. is there anyway i can selectively take specific events into fume, or to birth from collision rather than spawn?

cheers

paul

JonathanFreisler
03-03-2009, 04:01 AM
Afterburn comes with a Pflow operator called PFlow-ABurn. You add it to events and an icon is placed in your scene that you can choose as a particle source with AB/fume. Fume will only read the event the op is in, and you can have as many ops becuase fume will only consider each event as its own flow.

Unik
03-03-2009, 04:20 AM
While using spawn test you can click on delete parent option...

pgill
03-03-2009, 10:22 AM
thanks guys.

dunno if delete parent will work as that only happens after the collision so the parents are still sitting there dormant until collision.

re the afterburn source icon, great thats perfect i'll give this a go although its a little pain as i now have to have afterburn licenses on the whole render farm.

cheers

paul

CGTalk Moderation
03-03-2009, 10:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.