PDA

View Full Version : 2D: Character: Barock

Max4d
07-04-2003, 07:43 PM
Hey guys

After not posting stuff for a while I have finally come up with something. I have been experimenting a lot with 3/4 view, shading, lightning and hair. They are all things that are very hard to master, so I have seen. I have once again drawn a concept of the head and will presume with the whole body and with ĺ views and stuff. Itís suposed to be an orc, an orc chieftain to be precise.

( and donít give me crap like his teeth are to small cause there are no guidelines how an official chieftain should look like :D: )

I have tried some new lightning thingies and shadings styles. I have also added hair and oh boy does that sucks. Therefore I am applying to this great and critical forum and I am hoping to receive some harsch but honest critics to improve my drawing and antomy skills.

Thx in advance

Max4d

Ps, I made this photo with a digital camera and the darn thing wonít focus and light right so itís kind of blurry and the lightning aintít right either. Hope you guys will understand. :D

http://www.stungun.nl/jacob/Barock2-001.jpg

yboris
07-06-2003, 07:35 AM
my opinion - the jaw seems excessively large, perhaps that's what you want ...

you DEFINITELY (in my opinion) need to make the back of the head larger (unless this isn't the full picture) ... seems like back of his head was just chopped off :p

considering the sagging skin down on his mouth - I think you should have lots of wrinkles around the eyes, forehead, and SAGGING eyebrows :surprised

the ears stick out a bit too much in the front-face drawing

and the cheeks look too un-wrinkled ... too young and perky for the ammount of sagging beneath them

hope I helped rather than make you :annoyed: ...

Max4d
07-07-2003, 02:00 PM
Hey

Thx for the comments, i appreciate them very much.

Com'on guys, give me some more comments, i want to learn you know :D:D

Greetz Max4d

Max4d
07-10-2003, 11:43 AM
Hey dudes

Com'on give me some comment, i want to learn you know !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Max4d

lonesmurf
07-10-2003, 11:58 AM
Style aside, I think that the most important thing when you have drawn a character is that the eyes are expressive.

:hmm:

It seems that although the shading is well-done (a bit dark for my taste), the entire feel is that it is quite flat. No motion, no feeling.

KolbyJukes
07-10-2003, 09:36 PM
Max4d...
do you ever draw bodies? everytime you post your work it looks almost exactly the same. Take a risk and try drawing the body.

-Kol.

Max4d
07-11-2003, 09:20 AM
Hey dudes

Well, i don't make expressions and stuff because this is a concept and i want to use it so i can model it, an expression will kill that.

I just drwe the head first, the body will come later as i have stated before And anyone who says my heas look the same should put glasses on, cause they don't.

Max4d

rob-beddall
07-11-2003, 04:25 PM
hey!!
do you realise that your pic has gone.
i hope you havent taken it off because of KWAK.
this post will probably be deleted coz it doesn't have any crits.
just wanted to make you aware that the pic is now MISSING.
cheers!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.