PDA

View Full Version : Object: Hifi Amp

takshaka
07-04-2003, 03:50 PM
hey every1....
i'd just like to share this render of an amp.....i wanted to get a real close up.......i'd very much appreciate any c&c...done in max comped in photoshop (inc DOf).....thanks....
http://www.btinternet.com/~michael.thexton/AmplWeb.jpg

rikrog
07-04-2003, 04:02 PM
thats llllovley
after staring at it for a long while, i think the black knobs look a touch too shiney but i might be wrong?

Daveaustin
07-04-2003, 04:21 PM
I think it looks spot on!! :thumbsup:

i think the 'shininess' on the volume,bass n treble look ok.. think about anything plasticy that gets used a lot.. all the grease from fingers gets ground into the plastic and makes it shiny...

no crits at all from me

Nightwing
07-04-2003, 04:38 PM
I've got one just like that :thumbsup:

Awesome render, I agree that the black knobs are a touch too shiny, otherwise no crits.....excellent!

rikrog
07-04-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Daveaustin
I think it looks spot on!! :thumbsup:

i think the 'shininess' on the volume,bass n treble look ok.. think about anything plasticy that gets used a lot.. all the grease from fingers gets ground into the plastic and makes it shiny...

no crits at all from me

true about the greasey pinkys Daveaustin. Perhaps make the knobs mat towards the base ware there not touched and leave the rest as it is?

Dangeruss
07-04-2003, 04:49 PM
Nice attention to detail... pity about "Stero" though :)

rikrog
07-04-2003, 04:54 PM
ooh ek! and i was too busy staring at knobs to spot it!

takshaka
07-04-2003, 05:33 PM
hey ppl

thanks for the words....i totally agree bout the nobs being too shiney.....they looked ok and then at the last min i wacked in an overbright cylinder for some refelection highlights.....i could probably live with that, but **** "stero".......i'll have to sort that out tommoro and maybe i'll adjust the nobs while i'm at it....i have the worst spelling.....proper lax...still try to ignore my major spelling mistake for the time being........but thanks for pointing it out i really hadn't noticed......word out...

Amyd
07-04-2003, 06:01 PM
Speaking of spelling, if my eyes don't decieve me, your clipping indicator reads "Production", and it should be "Protection". :)

Otherwise it looks great. What are those speakers in the background btw.?

Cheers,
Andrei

takshaka
07-04-2003, 06:46 PM
Amyd....year your right it should say protection..i'll sort it tommoro....thanks for those eagle eyes...wish id done the text with a map instead of geometry now............the speakers are b&w 601's.....these are the first issue, my dad has the latest issue one's, but there pretty much the same, i cant say how great these speakers are, i bought them bout 5 years ago and i defy anyone to find a better set of multipurpose speakers for under 200...(dont want to start a debate bout great speakers > 200 btw)....heres a clearer render of the speakers which i did a couple of years ago so excuse the lame textures and lighting........

http://www.btinternet.com/~michael.thexton/DM601.jpg

E.Z. Schwartz
07-04-2003, 08:09 PM
pretty impressive. How did you do the dust?

Sanguis Mortuum
07-04-2003, 08:50 PM
As well as 'Stero' and 'Production/Protection', there should also one be one R in 'Integrated', ;)

Apart from that, it looks very nice, :)

takshaka
07-04-2003, 09:30 PM
well a plethera (Spelling) of spellign mistakes...bad.bad..good job this wasn't for a client....like i said i'll fix these and post an update tommoro......

the dust waas done with a blend material and a painted mask....
Thanks......word out...

takshaka
07-07-2003, 01:27 PM
hey all.....i have corrected my awful spelling mistakes and toned down the reflection on the sides of the black nobs...it think it improves it a little........thanks...kanE

aenema
07-07-2003, 01:33 PM
wow, this can be very easily mistaken as a real photograph. The materials, the scratches and especially the dust are all great :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.