PDA

View Full Version : Proton - please interview Fujio Ichikawa!!

Bliz
07-04-2003, 03:10 PM
I only ask because yet again I find myself at his website http://www.infoseek.livedoor.com/~f_ichikawa/ downloading the latest version of his amazing Lightwave plugins yet I don't know how he is or what his inspiration is, what he thinks about CG in general, why he writes these professional level plugins and gives them away for free etc. etc.

I just think someone should go the extra mile and organise an interperator or Japanes-speaking third party to get his views aired to the wider international Lightwave community. I think it would be nice if he knew that the people using his tools were interested in the man behind the Japanese website.

It would also be interesting to discover what the state of the Japanese LW community is like? I mean they have people creating these plugins and apparently Newtek has a lot of Japanese LW customers so it would be interesting to see what they are all doing with it.

Anyway, here's his contact details from the website as a starting point for someone (Proton?)

Keeper : Fujio Ichikawa
e-mail : f_ichikawa@livedoor.com
When contact me, please get e-mail size to be less than 100KB.

My insanest apologies if he's already been interviewed or featured before. If he has then I'm sorry I didn't see it. :surprised

BeeVee
07-04-2003, 03:27 PM
I'm going to try to start interviewing Japanese artists in the very near future - my Japanese is far from being good enough to email them directly, but as you say, I am going through a third party to do it - whether this is untenable for interviews we will see... :)

B

Bliz
07-04-2003, 03:44 PM
Excellent news Ben. I've been reading some of the community stories on the european newtek site and they are very interesting. Good work :thumbsup:

BeeVee
07-04-2003, 04:00 PM
Thanks. I'm always open to suggestions if anyone wants to make them. I don't do stories in the new world and Proton doesn't do them on artists in the old world, so restrict your choices for me to anyone outside the States, South America or Canada...

B

Cman
07-04-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Bliz
I just think someone should go the extra mile and organise an interperator or Japanes-speaking third party to get his views aired to the wider international Lightwave community. I think it would be nice if he knew that the people using his tools were interested in the man behind the Japanese website.

It would also be interesting to discover what the state of the Japanese LW community is like? I mean they have people creating these plugins and apparently Newtek has a lot of Japanese LW customers so it would be interesting to see what they are all doing with it....

I am TERRIBLY interested in this and add my vote to seeing LOTS about the Japanese Lightwave community.

Bliz
07-04-2003, 05:59 PM
Quick point Ben, I tried to edit the subject of the post but I can't change 'Proton' to 'Ben' in the main list - sorry :blush:

Steve Warner
07-04-2003, 08:11 PM
Well, heck. While we're talking about interviewing someone who provides amazing plugins at no cost to the community, I'm going to recommend that NewTek interview Cman. :D There isn't a single day that goes by where I'm not using one of his plugins. :thumbsup: Best of all, he speaks English, so we won't need a translator for the interview. I think... ;)

Bliz
07-04-2003, 10:22 PM
I've not heard of him, what's his URL ?:curious:

Cman
07-04-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Bliz
I've not heard of him, what's his URL ?:curious:

His URL is dead right now. :annoyed:

MorBioS
07-05-2003, 12:41 AM
fujio Ichikawa is a true lw warrior. He is the man.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

terryford
07-05-2003, 12:53 AM
Good suggestion, I'd like to nominate PicTrix, he/she/they do some brilliant freebies too, and what's the deal with those Prairie Dogs? :curious:

http://plaza17.mbn.or.jp/~PICTRIX/

Regards,
Terry

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.