PDA

View Full Version : SMC03: Topic Suggestions Thread

Digitool
03-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Speed Modeling Challenge 03

I hope to get the next challenge, whether someone else wants to jump up and start it or I can again if no one else wants to, started off sometime monday, concluding again on sunday. It is a little short notice to start the suggestions thread, but I was not around much yesterday and today and so hopefully we can get some suggestions out there to choose the next challenge for.

Lets get to it!

My suggestions are some quick thoughts,

Lego structure. (100min to create a structure out of what looks like old school lego blocks)
Fire-arms and/or medieval weapons
wild wild west themed challenge
and
boats

zortech
03-01-2009, 08:13 PM
I'd suggest to go for a more general thread to avoid creating a new one for every challange.
Like in the lighting challenges sub forum: Ideas for Future Challenges (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=185&t=309853).

Here are my suggestions:
- sports equipment
- furniture
- watch

Digitool
03-01-2009, 11:25 PM
thanks for pointing that out. I did change it to a general title that we can re-use.

Good topics. The watch sounds pretty interesting and sports equipment would be pretty fun too.

Digitool
03-02-2009, 07:36 PM
OK, in fear of losing momentum / participation, I will go ahead with Sports Equipment. If someone feels froggy and wants to do arena / ballpark / stadium and get it done then they can.

Again, I'm not trying to take over as the leader of the speed modeling challenges, but I like the participation we're getting and don't want it to die again.

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2009, 07:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.