PDA

View Full Version : Car Blueprints?

Medains
07-04-2003, 09:22 AM
I posted this over at elysiun... but you guys appear to do more cars, so I'll post here to ;)

I'm trying to learn surface modelling with NURBS, and whilst my skills seem to be coming along okay, I'd like to work on something that I can be proud of when I'm finished.

I've looked at a load of blueprint sites, and tried to build various different cars - but so far I've come to realise too late (after probably a half hour of work) that each of the blueprints I've tried is flawed in some way (either incomplete, not matching up between different views, or some other annoying problem)

My 2D skills are not currently at the stage where I can take a flawed blueprint and muck around with it to fix it.

And now the question... does anyone have some blueprints that they have used in the past (and broken down into easily used elements) that they could post for newbies like me to start from?

Thanks.

Apollux
07-08-2003, 05:32 AM
Sorry, I don't have any blueprints.... actually I have never modeled a car. But, as you mentioned before, here many people DO model cars.... and usually they mention where they got the blueprints, so it is just a matter of searching the threads.

Poju
07-14-2003, 02:37 PM
http://www.onnovanbraam.com/index.php?m=blueprints&g=cars

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.