PDA

View Full Version : U drink coffee ?

G-Prime
07-04-2003, 08:36 AM
Ok my question is:
Does coffee is bad for your health ?

Im a dude who cant stop drinking coffee for work, without it i fall sleep. I need help.

Shade01
07-04-2003, 08:40 AM
:rolleyes:

Nemoid
07-04-2003, 09:08 AM
:thumbsdow
gemeral discussion forum ?!

espresso is ready...

New
07-04-2003, 12:49 PM
I hate its smell and taste and makes me feel very nervous.

ChrisBasken
07-04-2003, 02:26 PM
I'm somewhat ADD, so a certain amount of caffiene is actually good for me (although it's probably ripping my kidneys to shards).

Joril
07-04-2003, 02:33 PM
Do I drink coffee?
-Duh!

Bad for your health?
-Hmm, yes, but, it does help prevent you from having alzheimer

Chewey
07-04-2003, 02:40 PM
Not sure about that alzheimer's claim :rolleyes: but it is bad for your breath and has nothing to do with lightwave.

:p

ChrisBasken
07-04-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Chewey
Not sure about that alzheimer's claim :rolleyes: but it is bad for your breath and has nothing to do with lightwave.

:p

I dunno about that. I bet it's the driver behind a lot of LW output...

(It's only bad for your breath if you don't brush regularly (coffee, not LW).)

robinson
07-04-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by ChrisBasken

Oh, that explains something, I’m addicted to coffee and still miss the symmetry mode when I brush my teeth…:argh:

Badllarma
07-04-2003, 03:46 PM
I thought part of being a Lightwave artist was to increase my addiction to caffine:eek:

Now if you want something really bad for you try drinking 3 cans of Redbull over a 6 hour period after you have already been working for 10 hours.
Now that is bad for you! and I think most of the stuff in that drink has not even been tested on animals!:D

Chewey
07-04-2003, 03:51 PM
I dunno about that. I bet it's the driver behind a lot of LW output...

fwiw, brushing teeth has little to do with removing the source of halitosis.

ChrisBasken
07-04-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Chewey
fwiw, brushing teeth has little to do with removing the source of halitosis.

Correct, halitosis is generally caused by what's in your bloodstream. This is why, if you're a heavy garlic-eater, you'll have garlic-breath no matter how much you brush, since the smell is actually coming out through your lungs (and skin). Nicotine (I think) is another such culprit.

Caffiene is not one of those substances that "stinks" up your bloodstream (although certain flavorings might). Coffee-breath is more a function of residual coffee, sugar, and/or cream in your mouth/throat. Hence, brushing and mouthwashing will eliminate it, unless you're kissing someone who is particularly sensitive, but then they're also probably smelling/tasting everything you ate over the past 12 hours, anyway.

All together now: What does this have to do with LW?

Chewey
07-04-2003, 06:27 PM
Correct, halitosis is generally caused by what's in your bloodstream. This is why, if you're a heavy garlic-eater, you'll have garlic-breath no matter how much you brush, since the smell is actually coming out through your lungs (and skin). Nicotine (I think) is another such culprit.

Caffiene is not one of those substances that "stinks" up your bloodstream (although certain flavorings might). Coffee-breath is more a function of residual coffee, sugar, and/or cream in your mouth/throat. Hence, brushing and mouthwashing will eliminate it, unless you're kissing someone who is particularly sensitive, but then they're also probably smelling/tasting everything you ate over the past 12 hours, anyway.

All together now: What does this have to do with LW?

Actually halitosis has more to do with odor created by bacteria located on the rear protion of your tongue and as I noted earlier this coffee topic has nothing to do with lightwave.

EvilE
07-04-2003, 07:31 PM
Now if you want something really bad for you try drinking 3 cans of Redbull over a 6 hour period after you have already been working for 10 hours.

I am drinking 6 cans of RedBull in an 3 hour period after 12 hours of my regular work . Without that i wont be able to use Lightwave at all :)

EE

Rumors
07-04-2003, 08:35 PM
I don't drink caffiene.

Steve Warner
07-04-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Rumors
I don't drink caffiene.
And hence, my point:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71343&perpage=15&highlight=backdrop&pagenumber=2

http://www.trinitymediainc.com/Backdrops/Coffee.jpg

takkun
07-04-2003, 09:12 PM
Only drink coffee when I need to. My preferred caffeine intake is green tea.

And actually coffee isn't as bad for you as people think, it actually has some great health benefits when drunk in moderation:

1. Lower chance of developing kidney stones. That's one affliction that I hope I never have to experience.
2. Lower chance of developing gallstones.
3. Fewer suicides. (Both a Nurses' Health Study and a study from a large California HMO have shown suicide rates are as much as 50 percent lower among coffee drinkers than non-coffee drinkers.)

The one concern about coffee is its potential for increasing bone loss and risk of fracture.

This information is from a book I'm reading now that's been recently published from the Harvard Medical School for Public Health.

lone
07-05-2003, 10:05 PM
while coffee is not necessarily bad for you, caffeine, in large enough doses, can be. that being said, i usually go thru one or two double mochas or redeyes (coffee+espresso), two or three frapuchinos (?), and a couple vanilla cokes, every day. if i can manage to stay focused, it helps to get ALOT of 3D done, but it can tend to make my mind wander.

peanuckle
07-06-2003, 05:12 AM
Nawwww...coffee is fine...so is caffene as long as you dont inject it directly into your vein you should be WONDERFUL!

pea~

P.S. COFFEE MINTS are a great alternative in you need a boost and cant have drinks in the area your at.

Nemoid
07-06-2003, 07:27 AM
Coffee is great.
Italian espresso coffee rocks!!!!

actually i make coffee at home, with my moka,
generally called in Italy "caffettiera".no filters and so on, but real toasted coffee powder
usually i don't take coffees in bar, because its strong and different from that of moka.

for my health i don't take more than 2 coffees a day, and the 2nd never after 3.00 o clock p.m. because i found i get nervous and i can't sleep well at night. but that's only 4 me.
my father, for example takes coffee just before going to bed, to sleep well!!!!

i think 2 coffees a day are enough and not so damaging.

Serious Sam
07-06-2003, 08:09 AM
Your avatar drinks coffee!:drool:

kevman3d
07-06-2003, 08:50 AM
Real coffee is great - I tend to drink it for flavor and texture rather then cause I need a caffiene fix, which means I spend more money every morning then most people! :)

Its instant coffee that's nasty - Sorta quite acidic, and well, trust me from someone who once drank 14 cups a day in an office job, its not good for your gut! :(

If you gotta drink coffee from granules, make it freeze dried - Bit more expensive, but not such a gut-wrencher! :)

d4rk
07-06-2003, 10:00 AM
I actually drink cafeine the next day on the ship. I stay up late working on me art and the next day in order to make things at work seem like they are going fast, I get a bunch of those canned double shot espresso starbucks things and start downing 'em. Keeps me awake while at the wheele matie.

eagleice
07-06-2003, 10:36 AM
I drink coffee from time to time. Instead of :beer: , u know...

my fav: Macchiato latte :applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.