PDA

View Full Version : Plugins for maya

Als
03-01-2009, 04:24 AM
Very important plus for maya are excellent plugins, made by people who were great enough to share them with community.
So where is the problem?
The issue is coming from the fact that some of them are so good, they should be bought from the authors and then joined in bonus tools from there on, plus offered some more help from autodesk.
Also some of great plugins don't get updated when upgrading to a new version of maya, which is big shame.
I understand that not every plugin would work automaticaly, but this is why there should be some scheme, where if you give away your plugin to be supported you win some benefit, for example if enough votes or downloads, you get free version of maya, or render license, etc.
What is your opinion on this subject?
I think this needs to be resolved.
Similar scheme can work for max and xsi as well.
But I'm wondering why autodesk doesn't do more about this?

Als

Narann
03-05-2009, 05:41 PM
With python this problem will be solved I suppose because you don't have to compile the plugin again...

And when there is a new version of Maya, you can ask for the plugin creator to recompile it. ;)

CGTalk Moderation
03-05-2009, 05:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.