PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave V9 crashs

yakul
02-28-2009, 03:30 PM
I hope this is ok to post about here, but myabe you know of a solution?
I also sent a question to newtek's support, so maybe I should have waited for their reply before asking this.

I have bought lightwave V9, I think about 2 years ago(or less).
Lightwave have been flickering, like refreshing the screen too many times. But I ignored this.
Lately, lightwave modeler have been crashing allot.
On certain models, and certain opertaions, it will crash.
If I save a model just before it crash, every time I load that model it will crash exactly the same.
The models that crash the modeler are not very complicated, no more than a few thousends of polygons.
I can't work like this.
I didn't find any update or patch for lightwave V9.
Is there anything else I can do?

Thank you.

02-28-2009, 06:21 PM
On NT website under registration product/my account, you should be able to download the latest one, 9.6.

You must lock in the same way you di to get your license numbers.

Megalodon
02-28-2009, 08:40 PM
This may also be a graphics card problem. Make sure you have the VERY latest drivers installed.

vonbon
03-01-2009, 04:59 AM
could also come frome using pirated software, :twisted:

coremi
03-01-2009, 07:58 AM
Do you have an ATI graphics card ? I had many issues with ATI and OpenGL in many software not only LW, even so update your mainboard and graphics card DRIVERS. Download Lw 9.6 after that and you should be fine.

yakul
03-01-2009, 09:28 AM
Thank you for the replies.

I don't use any pirated software.
I have a NVIDIA GEFORCE graphics card.
I think I already updated my graphics card driver. I will check it again.
The download of V9.6 from NewTek is unrealistically slow.
Why is the download so slow?

walfridson
03-01-2009, 12:02 PM
No idea if it would work but maybe you could try having Legacy OpenGL on. You can set this your config files as well.

Meloncov
03-02-2009, 03:05 AM
The download of V9.6 from NewTek is unrealistically slow.
Why is the download so slow?

Your downloading the entire program. The 9.6 upgrade is far more than a set of patches.

yakul
03-02-2009, 06:04 AM
As I said, the problem is the speed, not the file size.
I have no problem downloading a 142MB file, unless its downloading in 1KB/sec or less, like it does in this case.

Megalodon
03-02-2009, 06:40 AM
As I said, the problem is the speed, not the file size.
I have no problem downloading a 142MB file, unless its downloading in 1KB/sec or less, like it does in this case.

I don't think it's a Newtek problem. I JUST downloaded 9.6 - 142mb - in just over 15 minutes. It was downloading at about 155kps. If the rest of your connections are fast, it's probably something more to do with how your service provider connects to Newteks provider.

Tranimatronic
03-07-2009, 06:28 PM
I had issues using 9.5 & fiber Fx - 9.6 seems to have fixed those. I had issues with 9.5 modeller and an object with 300,000 polys 15 layers, and 4 4096*4096 textures and 9.6 seems to have fixed those too. It sometimes lags a little, but hey what do you expect ?
Be patient. The 9.6 download is worth it.
AND it seems to render faster.

At what point does it crash ? what are you doing when it goes ? I had a lot of problems after the latest windows update with XP. Have a look at the system resource tab to make sure windows isnt doing bizarre things. At one point for me, a service I never use was using 90% of the system resources and it never stopped. That caused modeller to crash ALOT. Took a week to discover how to disable it.

After using 9.6 for a month id bet your crashes arent 100% Lightwave's fault.

FreakWizz
03-07-2009, 09:16 PM
could also come frome using pirated software, :twisted:

Why could it?

It's a videocard OGL issue.

TrueArt Support
03-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Lately, lightwave modeler have been crashing allot.
On certain models, and certain opertaions, it will crash.

Look at this thread
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?p=847397#post847397
Guy had problems with Modeler crashing, replaced gfx card, and problems are gone..

If you have slow download from NewTek at home, try downloading it to memory stick at work, friend, internet cafe etc. You definitely should upgrade to LW v9.6.. LW v9.0 is very buggy, especially hub bug was driving people crazy.. Make sure you use -c parameter to redirect config file and/or delete config files after upgrading (that's very important for LW stability!!)..

Karris
03-10-2009, 06:42 PM
You can try disabling DEP (Data Execution Prevention) for all LW .exe files.

Larry_g1s
03-17-2009, 10:20 PM
I've had this same problem (ATI Radeon HD 3850). I thought it might just be an ATI problem, but as I read, you have NVidea. hmmm.... You can try disabling DEP (Data Execution Prevention) for all LW .exe files.How do you do this?

CGTalk Moderation
03-17-2009, 10:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.