PDA

View Full Version : skinning teeth/dependency error?

Levitateme
07-04-2003, 06:10 AM
i have a file that has my modeled teeth, its nurbs-teeth nurbs gums. i parent the teeth to my joints. and skin the gums to the jaw joint, and the head joint. for somereason when i skin i get a dependency graph error. does anyone have any ideas?

Atwooki
07-05-2003, 05:15 PM
modeled teeth, its nurbs-teeth nurbs gums. i parent the teeth to my joints. and skin the gums to the jaw joint, and the head joint

Try parenting the lower teeth to the LOWER GUM, the upper teeth to the UPPER GUM, and then parenting the relevant gums to the jaw/head joints instead!

Atwooki

Levitateme
07-06-2003, 01:50 AM
that wont work. when the mouth opens the gums i have need to stretch. its ridiculas, i just wishi knew why it wasnt working. thanks though.

Atwooki
07-06-2003, 11:56 AM
If it's the file you sent me, try unparenting the gums from the group and freeze the transforms.
Go ----> modify ---> Evaluate Nodes ---> Ignore All
Then put the 'top gums' pivot point onto the 'head joint and parent to it, and the 'BottomGums' pivot point onto the 'Jaw' joint and parent to that, then delete the 'JawCont' node in the hypergraph and put this in the expression ed.

Jaw.rotateZ = mouthControl.rotateY ;

Then Go ----> modify ---> Evaluate Nodes ---> Evaluate All

Atwooki

Levitateme
07-06-2003, 02:22 PM
what will evaluate nodes do for me?

Atwooki
07-06-2003, 08:05 PM
'Ignore All' and 'Evaluate All' refer to turning on or off the functionality of, for instance IK handles, deformers etc.

-usually best to use 'Ignore All' wheen going back to the bind-pose to re-adjust bits'n pieces....

Atwooki

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.