PDA

View Full Version : VFS: VFX Reel "Wings"

sachinxena
07-04-2003, 04:34 AM
hey guys,

Finished my VFS final project ......this is my second post here.. i had posted my model of the bird earlier...please take a look and tell me what you guys think...

This is a windows media and divx copy of my demo reel

720x486 windows media file (7.46 MB) (http://ezhdd.com/EZHDD/720x486sachin.wmv)

720x486 divx file (19.6 MB) (http://ezhdd.com/EZHDD/720x486sachin_divx.avi)

Link to my earlier thread... (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65323&highlight=sachin)

Thanks
sachin:wip:

roarty
07-04-2003, 06:16 AM
its nice.. looks good.

but too short I think. Not much variety of stuff. but the stuff you have done is strong

reetika
07-04-2003, 08:29 PM
Oh well i guess ppl r getting confused if its a live action video or cg...thats y no c & c :p(just kiddin)

anyway...it really looks nice,esp the closeup of the claws and upper area.the animation is quite realistic...i had been waiting to see the bird fly.....and u did an awesome job with that.
The only thing i would say... if u would have added the fur,it would have enhanced the look of the bird even more....neverthless it still looks great and it definetly is a strong piece.

All the best for your furure.
:thumbsup:

aazimkhan
07-04-2003, 08:40 PM
nice..thats pretty good. I love the part where it floats before it sits on the pole - that looks very real.

but after it flies off the pole..that doesnt look right...

The lighting is gr8!, but the shadows are not right.

overall very nice compositing.

The model itself is well built, textured and rigged.
The birds eye didnt look that real, i think that would have added an extra touch.

as roarty said, its pretty short, keep this, work on some more VFX shots and add them in here. Then u`ll have a nice complete peice.

:thumbsup:

lukey
07-07-2003, 06:45 PM
hey sachin...

great work dude...... it certainly looks like a strong technical reel for VFX.....:buttrock: very well explained....... lighting and the bird are amazing.... too many feathers:drool: !!!!
overall amazing job done..kudos

your reel inspired me to do something different ..... i dont seem to have any problem with the length at all.....................:wip:

cheers....

foxlord
07-11-2003, 09:30 PM
wow.. nice work.... i love the model... the wings and the claws lokk the best.. nice texture...:thumbsup:

i have issues with the head though.. may a little fur wud do the trick... :rolleyes: but otherwise it is a nice peice overall................:)

what software did you use ???

foxlord
07-11-2003, 09:31 PM
nice deformations and lattice binding too ..........:buttrock:

pinnamraj
07-12-2003, 08:07 AM
meow dude.
awesome work.i know how hard u really woked on it,
it turned out pretty good,keep working like that shyambabu
all the best:love: :applause:

sachinxena
07-12-2003, 08:51 AM
thanks to all of you guys...please keep posting!!!
foxlord i m working on fur these days... so will post an updated divx soon..

aazim thanks for C&C..
"but after it flies off the pole..that doesnt look right...

The lighting is gr8!, but the shadows are not right."

it would be nice if u cud elaborate on that... please let me know which shots need more work...

cheers
:beer:
sachin

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.