PDA

View Full Version : can you rendermap a frame sequence?

pete
02-28-2009, 04:12 AM
Just having a go at rendermapping something and I seem to be having heaps of trouble finding a way to rendermap out my full animation sequence?
Is there a way to do it?
THanks
Pete

ThE_JacO
02-28-2009, 05:08 AM
Unless it changed in 7.5, not directly.
Fairly trivial to script, and there's tools around people already wrapped for it. Tried searching? I'm sure there must be something floating around.

pete
02-28-2009, 05:46 AM
Thanks,
I'm not the best scripter though so something like that might actually take me a while...
I've had a look through a few forums without any luck, I'll se what I can do with the script.

pete
02-28-2009, 07:50 AM
Hey, maybe you were right, I managed to make a pretty crummy little script that goes through and renders the maps out for a range that you specify. I had trouble getting the map files to be named with the selected object's name but this seemed okay.

You have to select an object with a rendermap property and mapping on it then run.
oNM = Selection(0).name

Set Prop = ActiveSceneRoot.AddCustomProperty ("Rendermap_Sequence_"&oNM)
Set cStart = prop.AddParameter3 ("Start",2,0)
Set cEnd = prop.AddParameter3 ("End",2,100)
Set cName = prop.AddParameter3 ("Name",8,"Enter A name for the Map")

Inspectobj "Rendermap_Sequence_"&oNM, , ,4
oStart = cStart.Value
oEnd = cEnd.Value
oName = cName.value

Logmessage cStart.Value
Logmessage cEnd.Value
Logmessage cName.Value

DeleteObj "Rendermap_Sequence_"&oNM

for i = oStart to oEnd
SetValue "PlayControl.Current", i
'Translate , i, 0, 0, siAbsolute, siLocal, siObj, siXYZ, , , , , , , , , , 0
SetValue oNM&".RenderMap.imagefilepath", "C:\Softimage\XSI_7.01\Data\XSI_SAMPLES\Render_Pictures\"&oName&"_0"&i&".png"
'SetValue oNM&".RenderMap.imagefilepath", "C:\Softimage\XSI_7.01\Data\XSI_SAMPLES\Render_Pictures\"&oName&".png"
'
RegenerateMaps oNM&".RenderMap"
next

ThE_JacO
02-28-2009, 12:39 PM
I tip my hat to you for actually taking the time to search first, then to dig your way out of a ditch with your own shovel, and even posting the shovel in proper code tags after that :)
For what it's worth: You just went up two notches in my personal scale of forum users.

What kind of problem exactly did you have with the file naming? And do you still have it? Maybe we can get that patched up if you do.

pete
03-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Thanks mate! I was kinda happy about that myself :)

Actually I got the naming working well but I was having trouble creating sub directories with the rendermap object's name.

I thought if I put something like this :
\Render_Pictures\"&oNM&"\test.png"
(where oNM is the currently selected object)
XSI would automatically create a sub directory with the objects name, but it just throws an error. I guess it's because the dir doesn't exist.

(http://forums.cgsociety.org/http:%5C%5Cwww.naffupdate.com%5Cforumfiles%5Crendermaps_sequence.vbs)

CGTalk Moderation
03-01-2009, 10:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.