PDA

View Full Version : environment: surreal Time

tmtechie
07-04-2003, 03:57 AM
well here's a nice surreal piece especially for anyone looking for a new desktop.

i'll post a link since it's pretty large
1280x1024 (resize to your liking)

Time_1280x1024_131k (http://www.digitalservitude.com/ex/time.jpg)

tmtechie
07-04-2003, 11:50 AM
118 views and no comments?

digitalshaman
07-04-2003, 12:25 PM
sorry but i dont realy like it. I general dont like multiple objects, or just one, with only one texture on it. It makes it look rendered, instead of created. (if u get me)

Good try though, interesting concept.

Oh and the camera angle is a bit iffy.

manosteele12
07-04-2003, 01:27 PM
It looks like a really cheap plastic toy. You might wana try a new texture and definitly a new camera angle.
Lets see the new one.

golem
07-04-2003, 01:36 PM
mmm....
i agree with digitalshaman.
it could be interesting if made with some strange script, in order to make it procedural and animate the blobby primitives.
i mean, i don't know how u made it, but if it's a maya, max, softimage, and bla bla software rendering, well... it's quite easy, a pure exercise... meaningless i dare to say.
but if it's made with, dunno..... stephen marty's virtualight, for example, could be cool to read the codex of blubby, made them interact in animation, start discussing about the shader...

you got idea... make something a bit deeper with it.
c'mon, we're waiting...

golem

tmtechie
07-04-2003, 08:59 PM
sorry to bore you with my meaningless dribble....

actually this was made a long time ago and i thought i had lost the file for good but found an old copy laying around and whipped out a quick render. the original piece was animated... the ground does have a wave effect coming from the center of the surreal clock (if you look closely) and the outer loop went with that motion with the metaballs at the bottom rolled around interacting with each other.

also software that was used was blender and the material is more of a liquid murcury than plastic toy...

a whole community of "creative people" that dont get any significance from an eminating liquifying clock...

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.