PDA

View Full Version : NAZGUL (From the movie LOTR), inan arslan (3D)

inanarslan1979
02-27-2009, 08:17 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/newgallerycrits/g37/362037/362037_1235769428_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/newgallerycrits/g37/362037/362037_1235769428_large.jpg)

Title: NAZGUL (From the movie LOTR)
Name: inan arslan
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop, VRay

Hi all.
In this scene I was inspired by the movie LOTR. I always wanted to model that nazgul and coton thing. :)

I hope you like it.

C&C are most welcome.

Cowboy3D
02-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Hey.. nice attempt. Although i don't see any of the Nazgul!!! LoL.. I thing Nazgul were the dark riders with the hood weren't they? I like the texture on the animal though.. :thumbsup:

inanarslan1979
02-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Hey.. nice attempt. Although i don't see any of the Nazgul!!! LoL.. I thing Nazgul were the dark riders with the hood weren't they? I like the texture on the animal though.. :thumbsup:

Man, They wear this mask helmets in the movie ;)

anr90
03-01-2009, 05:49 PM
that is a Nazgul, its just the leader... hes called the witch king and only wears the mask in battle.
little something there from an lotr geek. hope it clears up misconceptions

urban-rebellion
03-02-2009, 06:09 AM
the nazgul DID only wear hoods for the first two movies - in the third though the witch king (head of the nazguls) rode to war with that helmet. so yes that is def a nazgul.

crits of the image - i think you need to work on the composition the most. the scene - we've got a nazgul but we cant see his feet or anything nearby, kinda ruining any sense of scale. we also cant really see whats going on in the scene, who he's facing etc.

he's not very dynamic either. one of my favorite ways to see if an image is going to work is to imagine if you could just see the sillouette of the character or scene. if the sillouette looks good, then the image will too.

then, behind him we have a rather confusing choice of the hind-quaters of what im assuming is the nazgul's steed. this ruins any sense of the background or surroundings and just makes the image very busy. its also not helping with the scene scale because youve made it so big. the texture on the steed is stretching too, you might have to see about either fixing the UVs or using a procedural material.

Good points about the image - I think youve done the cloth on the nazgul well. the image still needs a lot of work but im sure you will get it there :D

inanarslan1979
03-02-2009, 07:19 AM
the nazgul DID only wear hoods for the first two movies - in the third though the witch king (head of the nazguls) rode to war with that helmet. so yes that is def a nazgul.

crits of the image - i think you need to work on the composition the most. the scene - we've got a nazgul but we cant see his feet or anything nearby, kinda ruining any sense of scale. we also cant really see whats going on in the scene, who he's facing etc.

he's not very dynamic either. one of my favorite ways to see if an image is going to work is to imagine if you could just see the sillouette of the character or scene. if the sillouette looks good, then the image will too.

then, behind him we have a rather confusing choice of the hind-quaters of what im assuming is the nazgul's steed. this ruins any sense of the background or surroundings and just makes the image very busy. its also not helping with the scene scale because youve made it so big. the texture on the steed is stretching too, you might have to see about either fixing the UVs or using a procedural material.

Good points about the image - I think youve done the cloth on the nazgul well. the image still needs a lot of work but im sure you will get it there :D

Thanks for building comments.

Davidxt
03-02-2009, 07:34 AM
I like how you did the robe. What technique did you use to achieve the wrinkles?

inanarslan1979
03-02-2009, 01:27 PM
I like how you did the robe. What technique did you use to achieve the wrinkles?

Thanks.

First I put a biped and then I created a plane above biped.I positioned the biped like he holds a sword in his hands. And then I applied a reactor cloth and cloth collection to plane.

Then I played the animation and there the plane was on biped.I convert it to editable poly and I played vertexes, polygons and edges to give it the look like this.

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2009, 01:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.