PDA

View Full Version : my first scripted tool may you try it!

shalabology
02-27-2009, 07:54 PM
hi every body , i have just developed my first scripted tool , i want to know if it really works fine
so here it is i wish you try it and give me your feed back
http://rapidshare.com/files/203333251/SHALABY_KEY_TOOL_BETA.ms.html

WHAT IT DOES:
-clears the animation keys for any animation track (x, y , z) / for move , rotate, scale
within specified range for any number of selected objects
-reverse the key spacing for any track also within specified track......etc
-scale the time range for ........etc
-moves keys ....etc

*it clears any previous selection of keys before any operation
*it tests for the type of controller bezier xyz or list and gives warning if u select single track for tcb or bezier one
*if the object contains orientation or pos constraint it gives warning message for that
*it supports undo for all operations

ok that what i think i have done please try it and be generous for me by feedbacks

shalabology
03-01-2009, 07:18 AM
ok, isit repeated ,boring or useless ? just tell me please

shalabology
03-04-2009, 05:38 PM
is it such hard to get feed back here , if its bad please just tell me i saw people passedby and already downloaded the script so pleaes dont be mean by just giving opinions, thank you very much ina dvance .

ZeBoxx2
03-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Heya,

Don't be let down by the lack of responses - keep in mind that the overall nature of this forum section is more for getting help than for demonstrating one's scripts (challenges exempt).

Personally, for example, I hardly ever work with animation as it is.. and where I do have animation, I'd quite likely check what Track View has to offer first. So I'd have no immediate interest in your script.

That said, I know this post would be pretty useless to you with just the above, so I downloaded it and gave it a quick poking... the following is going to be my impressions as I work with it, so it's pretty random...

- Great that you're registering it as a dockable dialog. If I were to use such a tool, using it in a docked fashion is how I would most likely be using it.
- The UI is a bit on the large side - it feels like it was designed like an iPhone app.. huge buttons for lack of a stylus; but we do have a 'stylus' - the mouse. I think they could be a bit smaller and the UI thus a bit tighter.
( note that your 'All' buttons overlap the groupboxes a bit on the left )
- When I pressed Delete Keys -> Pos -> All, only the keyframe at frame 0 was actually deleted; then I realized that the 'Deleting Range' is set to 0 .. 0 by default. Perhaps you should default it to animationRange.start .. animationRange.end on opening?
- In your "whoops!" error message, you may wish to insert "\r\n" to put part of the error message on the next line - right now it's one very, very wide error message :)
( but at least you trapped for unsupported controllers, so that's a good thing! )

Other than the above notes, it seems to work 'as advertised' :)

Zbuffer
03-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Hi,

Also, you should post it here as an attachment instead of rapidshare...

aphexx
04-20-2009, 11:38 AM
hi shalabology,
i could use your script to get rid of all animation data inside my file.
but the download limit at rapidshare is reached.
wont you attach the script here, or upload at scriptspot.com?
thanks!
sascha

shalabology
04-24-2009, 12:10 AM
sorry i have been away from this section , any how thank you for passing by and interest , you will find the script attached within , for the comments about size button and message box are really good and to be reckoned , thank you for trial , and hope this help anyone here, it would be pleasure for me

CGTalk Moderation
04-24-2009, 12:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.