PDA

View Full Version : Cell Shading question

sqitso
07-04-2003, 01:28 AM
I am trying somthing and I need help. 3D Max has Ink n Paint for cell shading. It does a wonderful job, but I really don't like Max. One of the things that Max Ink N Paint has is called "Intersection Bias. The intersection bias option allows you to adjust what type of ink is applied to intersecting models. So if I had a tube sticking through the middle of a box, the circle where they meet would be inked. I can't seem to figure out how to get this same technique using the Super Cell Shader. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

T4D
07-04-2003, 06:38 AM
uses unreal tracer

it will draw an line at every change of surface
so you just give them the same surface colour and just name them different and a line will be drawn between them,

it's a very cool with heaps of options

get into it :buttrock:

T4D
07-04-2003, 06:40 AM
sorry it's called unreal extreme with the tracer part of the package do a seach on flay

sqitso
07-04-2003, 08:27 PM
Ahh.. So this option in in the Unreal shader? I have been using Super Cell Shader. I will check flay and see what is out there.

Thanks

Celshader
07-04-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by sqitso
So if I had a tube sticking through the middle of a box, the circle where they meet would be inked.

I think unReal can handle intersecting geometry in that way, but I have not tried it yet.

Me, I'd Boolean the tube and box together and rely on either Surface Borders or Sharp Creases to generate the ink line. If you did not merge the points together after carrying out the Boolean operation, you could use Unshared Edges to generate the ink line.

For what it's worth, I have the rules of LightWave Edges listed here:
http://www.celshader.com/gallery/kara/about4.htm

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.