PDA

View Full Version : Texturing Building (Blends or Composite?)

DBZ123
02-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Anyone know a good approach to texturing buildings in Max? Lets say I use a tileable brick texture for the walls and maybe a feature UV texture for important stuff like doors, broken glass windows and so on (multisub). What would be the best approach to texture dirt, cracks, grunge etc on the wall of the building especially around edges of windows. I hear people use Blend maps and some use composite. What works better and how do i go about doing it? any tutorials? and is it only for like ingame purposes?

I'm just creating an old rundown building for no particular reason just to showoff some texturing skills. I don't think I want to pack it all in 1 UV, because the size will probably be huge (unless people do that). I want my final image to just be a few various shots from different angles with some mental ray or vray lighting.

CGTalk Moderation
02-27-2009, 04:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.