PDA

View Full Version : How can I arrange the Lightwave drop down menus in alphabetic order

robinson
07-03-2003, 11:37 PM
Can I arrange the Lightwave drop down menus in alphabetic order ? :shrug:
I meant the add image filter, pixel filter, generic or additional plugins drop down menus.

I always search hours in these menus for the right commands, very annoying...
Can I change the configs in some way ?

Thanks
Robinson:wavey:

rickycox
07-04-2003, 02:25 AM
In my setup I've moved all the Tools in the Additional Menu.

But you can rearrange menu items manually using the 'OPTION F10' Configue Menu Window

robinson
07-04-2003, 02:38 AM
No Riki, thatís not what I meant.

Just check out the image filter or pixel filter list in layout, or check out the add shader button drop down menu in the surface editor, they are not in alphabetical order, itís a mess over here. :thumbsdow
I changed all my menus and the last thing I wanted, to get these pull down menus in alphabetical order.
I know thatís really something small, but it still bothers me !:annoyed:

thanks
:wavey:

kretin
07-04-2003, 02:53 AM
Have you tried deleting the plugin list from your configs and rescanning? It "should" bring all the plugs in alphabetical order then... i think.

jonny

robinson
07-04-2003, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by kretin
Have you tried deleting the plugin list from your configs and rescanning? It "should" bring all the plugs in alphabetical order then... i think.

jonny

nope

Right after I cleared all my Plugins, didnít even scanned for my plugins yet.
http://www.robinson-steinke.de/temp/alphabetical.jpg
itís not alphabetical is it.

DAMN, you know how long these list get if you install a few plugins :hmm:

Thanks for the help

kretin
07-04-2003, 04:25 AM
Once you've cleared the plugs you need to shutdown Layout, Modeler and the Hub. Then load them back up and scan for plugs.

What'll happen is that it'll load the plugs in alphabetical order, by their file name, rather than their displayed name. More often than not these are roughly the same, but now and then there are differences which is what'll cause some displayed plugs appearing out of place.

MorBioS
07-04-2003, 05:55 AM
Robson LW don't do it :(

Let's wait LW 8, but I don't believe that lw 8 can do it.

kretin
07-04-2003, 06:02 AM
MorBios, what makes you say that? Do you know something we don't about v8?

robinson
07-04-2003, 06:12 AM
MorBios you are right about LW 7.5 (even the c version).

But you know what, LW 8 will kick some a.., oh wait version 6 already didÖ.:p
And I bet I will find some way to get this damn alphabetical stuff organizedÖ

webfox
07-04-2003, 06:49 AM
I haven't tried this, but after you shut down LW, and trashed the configs, have you gone to the plugins folder, itself, and sorted the files by name/alphabetical order with Windows?

Lightwave may just be looking at how Windows belches up the list of files in that directory. If the folder is sorted by icon or date, you won't get them in alphabetical order.

Just a thought.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.