PDA

View Full Version : Autodesk Softimage Student version

benlink
02-26-2009, 10:48 PM
Hello....I 'd like to know a few things about Autodesk Softimage 7.5:
Will there be a student/education version?

If so, will it be possible to install it on several computers? The thing is I have a laptop and a desktop computer and it would be interesting for rendering...
(because I've heard that it was possible on xsi 7 but not with autodesk's new version....)
and last question..... if installing it on several computers is not tolerated, how can it be verified? I mean...if one of my two computers is not connected to internet?

Thanks

EDIT: I've read the FAQ on autodesk's website and it seems that softimage essentials versions are standalones versions whereas softimage advanced versions are network licensing products and can be installed on several machines.......but then I've got another question...
on the same FAQ, it is written that there will be a Softimage Student version....and a Softimafe AVANCED educational version.......could someone tell me the difference between the two?

CGTalk Moderation
02-26-2009, 10:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.