PDA

View Full Version : long road to go home

terrifortino
02-26-2009, 01:20 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/357181_1235654408/680bound
(http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/357181_1235654408/1024bound)this is the result of my work in the style of Mr.Jacek Yerka...
i made this image using 3dsmax for the base mesh modelling, and also Photoshop for color retouching, adding details, composing layers, painting the texture, etc. it took almost 4 weeks for me to finished this image. and about the story.. it cames from my own life. it's about the methamorph of my past life to be my new life. I used the butterflies as flowers to picturing that the process has already done... from cocoon to be butterfly... from me in the past be me now. it was the biggest change in my life...
as a young boy who had many many wild dreams and pursuits... then become a husband of my wife and a father for my one month old son.
i show that drastically change in my life with the duck as me which is already pass the 90 degrees turn in the road and preparing for the next road which is already in his sight... the flying road that almost broken in several places, I used that to show how difficult to pass in that road. the road is end up with a cracked egg house above a nest. that is the duck destination.. some place that he really want to go. even it's hard, he must go through it. I used that to describe about my pursuits of being a good husband and a father will be not easy. I put stairs in a few places along the road that
connected to the ground. it's mean there's another way to go there but it will be not worth anything for the duck because he can't climb through the stairs.
i choose an egg house above the nest as the destination for the duck to picturing the circle of live it self. ducks will bring eggs... and eggs will bring ducks... my parent had take care of me yesterday... and now it's my
turn to take care of my child. I also use the seasons elements along the road to show that time goes by in that road, from one season to another. I know that my pursuit in future will be hard and may take a long time to reach
what i want...
that's the concept of this image.. i used it because I'm sure beside having very nice looking of artwork, Mr. Jacek must be have some reason in putting objects, choosing elements, colors on every picture that he has made.

thank you, hope you like it...

RandyToons
02-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Great Entry! I really like the way you incorporated the road and the different seasons.
Good luck, Randy

animatedbajoe
02-26-2009, 03:40 PM
great concept u have here.
great modeling and nice lighting ;)

BaronImpossible
02-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Good image, very accomplished. Love the palette too. My crit is that it's too busy in the upper half - I think that losing the entire "sky road" and just leaving the island would improve the composition. Still, it's a great piece.

dodgeOrBURN
02-28-2009, 04:39 PM
The details of your leaves, butterflies and shells are fabulous! I really like your concept, palette and composition. The road ideal is wonderful - particularly the different seasons. Congratulations and good luck!

terrifortino
03-01-2009, 12:34 AM
thank you Randy, Bayu, Simon, Lynda.... I'm appreciate it.

Ndol-nDol
03-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Great work and great concept..
i love the detail and the colors to
good luck :)

terrifortino
03-03-2009, 04:41 AM
thank's John for borrowing me your pen tablet.. it's very useful for me :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
03-03-2009, 04:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.