07-04-2003, 09:32 AM
About Lens Flares...
1) If you how to use the Combustion Operators (effects,) Combustion can, in fact, create some types of flares all without plug-ins... If you would like to learn how, see this free tutorial over at the CreativeCow.net: http://www.creativecow.net/articles/abdel-basset_ayman/rays/index.html The lesson will teach you how to create the effect of rays just by use a keying operator and dolly blur operator in Combustion. Note: this technique can also be done in After Effects.
As for buying Plug-ins: They will overall make your job easier and faster...
2) Trapcode "Shine" workes extremely well and is very popular. It is also affordable. Read about it or download a demo at: http://www.trapcode.com/products_shine.html
3) You can also consider (for more money) Puffin Designs Knoll Lens Flare Pro. Note: Pufin got bought by Pinnacle, so it is now also known as "Pinnacle Systems Knoll Lens Flare Pro." You can read a background report in this press release here: http://www.digitalvideoediting.com/Htm/Articles/puffin_announces_knoll_light_factory.htm
By the way, the Puffin Webpage is http://www.puffindesigns.com/ but when I tried to access it, the website was not working ....
4) DigiEffects has a Plug-in package called Delirium, with 40 different effects, including a lens flare. However, Discreet reported in May 2002 that they tested Delirium, and, while the other effects mostly worked, the Lens Flare did NOT work. Read about DigiEfects here: http://www.digieffects.com/
5) There are probably a lot of other Adobe After Effects Flare Plug-ins out there... However, since I don't do AE, I am not the one to know about 'em.. Generally, 3rd party AE plug-ins MAY work: Before you BUY, be sure to try a DEMO version FIRST to verify that they do, in fact work.. Discreet has a list of SOME 3rd-party plug-ins that they have "tested" at their combustion Support website (that is dated May 2002, and in NO way includes all of the various Adobe After efects Plug-ins out there....) But you can read it here:
Does that help you?
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
vBulletin v3.0.5, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.