PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle: Ferrari Testerossa Matte

SimonGibson
07-03-2003, 06:47 PM
Earlier today i bought a digital camera, so i thought woohoo i can take a pic of my house and stick one of my models there to fool people into thinking i actually own a ferrari (ok i'm not that good but I had to try :D

SO heres what i came up with

(modeled in 3d studio max 5.1, rendered with Brazil)

Real High resolution

http://simongibson.hellsangels.me.uk/ferrari/Ferrari_MatteHighRes.jpg

Simon :)

kyle_tdr
07-03-2003, 07:32 PM
Not bad, although the speckle on the front of the hood looks bad IMO.

SimonGibson
07-03-2003, 09:40 PM
any better?
http://simongibson.hellsangels.me.uk/Ferrari/SimonsNewCar.jpg

kyle_tdr
07-03-2003, 11:43 PM
Much better, the shadow on the front left (looking at the front) wheel seems to be wrong IMO

KiFe
07-04-2003, 12:42 AM
and really.. if the car is THAT clean. .you ought to be able to make out the brick pattern on the hood.. specially that close to the wall.

nice model tho...

the lighting really needs work... try using a skylight plugin.. or really 'overcast, diffuesed' lighting rig.

you should see mostly sky in the window, less interior.

stephen2002
07-04-2003, 01:12 AM
Very nice work, the second one could pass as a photo.

SimonGibson
07-04-2003, 08:49 AM
I used brazil skylight already (it sometimes narks me off when people don't know what they are talking about, ie - ("use a skylight")

Simon

Nosalis
07-04-2003, 02:36 PM
Hmmm, .. model look ok, but the materials needs improvement.

Try more "agressive" coulour, like red or yellow. You`ll see more, than on black.

Interrior should look darker, and window should have more reflection.

worx3d
07-04-2003, 03:01 PM
Simon... after examining the surroundings of the image, I think it looks great, this could be a picture and people could hardly tell it isn't. The car shouldn't reflect any bricks as someone said, it is already reflecting the wall but it is too dark to see the bricks, it is great as it is. Perhaps the windshield could use a little more reflection, but it's good as it is.

We all know this is a 3D car, but if we didn't I guess many of us could think it's just a picture of a ferrari..

great work.

brkn
07-04-2003, 03:05 PM
I'd suggest blurring the car just veeerrrryyyy slightly. The car seems a fair bit sharper than the photo, and is making it seem more CG-like.

Novakog
07-04-2003, 08:31 PM
I agree with brkn. It's very good, but the digital photo is slightly blurry, so you'll have to do that to the car.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.