PDA

View Full Version : soft bodies and cps

Rmac36
07-03-2003, 05:41 PM
whats the best way to use soft bodies on a cps geometry.
I want to use it on a characters tail.

I tried making the low rez a soft body and it didnt seem to effect the high rez.

Am I going to have to connect them manually? If so, How?

Or is there an easier way,that i dont know of?:wavey:

cavetroll
07-23-2003, 10:22 PM
heya!
if you want to have a jiggling tail, why don`t you get to a setup with a nice little spline ik and the curve turned into a softBody. you can then play around with the PPgoalWeights to get a cascading effect on the tail. works great for me for all the secondary jiggle-wiggle-bits a character sometimes happens to have...
should also work fine in conjunction with cps, because you just do a normal weighting on the tail-bones.
just my 2 cents. ;)

Rmac36
07-24-2003, 01:05 AM
thanks
my buddy actually came up with the similar concept. I never would have thought of that. Very cool stuff. Lata -rmac:buttrock:

misterdi
07-24-2003, 05:10 AM
I don't know how cps connect the shape node, but I think it should work. Are you using using Make soft in creation option or you are using duplicate?.

If you are using duplicate make sure that you use Duplicate, make original soft.

:rolleyes:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.