PDA

View Full Version : Run with Gun

ajfrank
02-25-2009, 02:09 AM
Just one of a few cycles I'm working on. C&C are welcome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LiXPZmeAn8

thejudge07
02-25-2009, 04:21 AM
hey, nice run cycle. How long did this take you? I think it could just use some more personality and perhaps more shoulder movement..but it looks like a nice run

torresmedia
02-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Looks good man. He flyes a bit to much, so maybe you should give him a bit more weight? But, very good work, dude! Keep it up!

KyleG
02-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Feels to slow for a run cycle & there's some "popping" going on

ajfrank
02-25-2009, 04:47 PM
hey, nice run cycle. How long did this take you? I think it could just use some more personality and perhaps more shoulder movement..but it looks like a nice run

Thanks. It probably took me around a hour to do.

Kyle: Yeah I figured it was going to come out too slow for a run. I'll speed it up some. I'm trying to shoot for more of a jog, or "slower" run

theskydreamer2003
02-26-2009, 11:09 AM
to me looks unnatural because all movement happens at the same moment, and i think movements are gradual first foot touch the ground then he lean on that foot(the body weight and he has it with that heavy armor ) the gun is moving up and down delayed after the jump, the same thing with his arms from the shoulder down... just a slight up-down delayed after the movement of the body... the follow trough is one of the animations principle, so be aware
-with those plate that are on his feet u can run with your heel that high,
-when he land on his feet stays to much on that heel and looks like running on his heel not on his foot
-because of that high heel lifting seems that the movement doesn't come from the muscle of the feet, his not pushing that spring effect is ruinned

hope my critique helped u man ;)

ajfrank
02-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Thanks man it did help some. I'm still having trouble pin pointing what's causing the popping though. I fixed it some but it's still there. I sped up the run and I tried to overlap his back some more too. Let me know what you think: :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgRvvCL2VxY

Tad Ghostal
02-26-2009, 07:28 PM
It looks to me like when the leg comes back you might want to extend it more. Also, try adding a more weight to the up and down movement of run and swing his arms a bit more.

Good luck and keep posting updates.

theskydreamer2003
02-26-2009, 08:57 PM
the problem as i see it is in the shoulders(btw just a little bit to much); just try and run like that it is impossible, u can't bend that much while running, if u move the shoulder u move the elbow, hand by its pivot the shoulder, in the hand the movement it's amplified by this leverage factor; the movement looks so... cocky;
-while running a heavy object like the gun jumps in the hands or if its very strong held than the hand moves up and down pivoting on the elbows
-u still have the problem with that head popping
cheers

ajfrank
02-26-2009, 10:06 PM
the problem as i see it is in the shoulders(btw just a little bit to much); just try and run like that it is impossible, u can't bend that much while running, if u move the shoulder u move the elbow, hand by its pivot the shoulder, in the hand the movement it's amplified by this leverage factor; the movement looks so... cocky;
-while running a heavy object like the gun jumps in the hands or if its very strong held than the hand moves up and down pivoting on the elbows
-u still have the problem with that head popping
cheers

Thanks. Yeah I honestly didn't want to push the shoulders that much because I know no body runs like with their shoulders(unless they are very very tired) but I had one of my friends look at it and he suggested that I move the shoulders some more... so I did it :hmm: .
He thought it wasn't moving enough in my original.

I'll definitely ease the bend in the shoulders some and work on the hands and gun problem. And try to figure out why he keep popping.
Thanks again :beer:

ajfrank
02-28-2009, 08:47 PM
Thanks everybody for the comments and critiques.

Tad Ghostal: I straighten up the leg on his contacts.

Kyle: I sped him up some and I believe I fixed the popping. I don't see it anymore

theskydreamer2003: I eased down the shoulder movements some.

I'm still having trouble trying to get a good feel on the gun. It still feels unnatural to me. I probley need to push the down pose on the gun and arms.
Anybody have any suggestions to make it look better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a6KJu64dlA

torresmedia
03-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Looking alot better! :) There is still some popping going on, but I think it looks awsome! :) Well done! :thumbsup:

ajfrank
03-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Thanks. I'm still not satisfied with it yet. I notice the gun is not going down enough during the run. It seems kind of static right now. I was trying to fix a rotation problem I had and I end up accidently causing another problem for myself :hmm:

I still need to mess with it some more

theskydreamer2003
03-03-2009, 08:43 PM
in my opinion he run TOOOOOOO fast, slow him down and add on him some WEIGHT. he would look more belivable... i think

;)

ajfrank
03-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Yeah I agree. I don't think it's too fast, but a little faster than I originally attended. I did have him at a slower pace but I was told on an earlier critique it felt too slow, so i sped it up a frame or two.

I'm working on the weighting issue with his arms and gun. My next update should have better weighting

jurffy
03-04-2009, 06:35 AM
Somebody mentioned this already but he still 'flying' too high.

CGTalk Moderation
03-04-2009, 06:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.