PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle: Helicopter of MadMax World

JRBRAZ
07-03-2003, 02:46 PM
Hi people,

This is a helicopter inspired in MadMax world ...

I'll wait for your coments :thumbsup:

http://www.zarbdesign.com.br/madmax/render_final_1.jpg

Kel Solaar
07-03-2003, 03:58 PM
Hehe interesting and funny design in this helicopter :) You should have make only one spot creating hard and crips shadows, because of this it's weird on the ground. Some grain may have improve the final quality.

Peter Pan
07-05-2003, 12:06 AM
AFAIK, That thingy in MadMax wasn't a helicopter, it was gyrocopter, it's upper blades work like a rotating wing and are disconnected from the engine, which is, in its turn, used to rotate rear propeller, which pushes the whole thing forward. BTW, James Bond flew gyrocopter in episode with evil Meany-me looking guy (spaceship stealer)

Still, your model looks interesting :)

JRBRAZ
07-05-2003, 03:18 AM
Thanks for coments :thumbsup:

My helicopter is just inspired in world of MadMax. His is not a model present in movies. When I do this helicopter I look to be original... Cause this, I design a new vehicle, with the characteristics of that world of caos, and the pieces are not new, are made with junk ... :)

I known about the gyrocpter ... I research about before begin my model int his site: madmax (http://www.madmaxmovies.com)

sorry for my english

Mescalito256
07-08-2003, 01:59 AM
Looking good.

I agree with Kel solaar about the shadows, they look kind of weird right now. Also, the blades are way too short, giving it a cartoony feel, though maybe you intended it that way.

What software did you use?

kevin1987
07-09-2003, 11:33 PM
great job! just a few ideas,

1. blades longer
2. chaingun barrels longer
3. skids shorter
4. tail maybe a little longer?

very nice work though, I like it! :beer:

JRBRAZ
07-10-2003, 02:20 PM
Thank :thumbsup:

Mescalito256 , I'm using 3DMAX 5.1. You're right, the blades are too shorter ... I will mak some changes in the ilumination and change the blades.

kevin1987, The blades will be more longer and the skids shorter. About the Chaingun and the tail, I think is just the angle ... After I make these changes I post it again in other angles and you'll see. ;)

Thanks again, for comments and sugestions :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.