PDA

View Full Version : Object: Something in the darkness

MartinLisec
07-03-2003, 12:26 PM
http://www.martinlisec.com/pics/martin_lisec/something_in_the_darkness.jpg

Photoshop 5.5, time - about 5 hours. Picture inspired by tales of H.P. Lowecraft.

digitalshaman
07-03-2003, 01:27 PM
bloody hell!

how the hell did you do that in photoshop?

Great (very weird) work :)

innervision961
07-03-2003, 01:32 PM
That is seriously cool man :thumbsup:
I like the mood in this picture!

negativecitizen
07-03-2003, 09:59 PM
great work in bloom and transparency
i can see more works

nanabaky
07-04-2003, 02:13 AM
oh that's really nice, good composition, what is the Lovevreaft's creature that has inspired you ?

MartinLisec
07-04-2003, 09:44 AM
to digitalshaman: thanks. years of hard work in photoshop and many layers :)

to nanabaky: thans man. Its not a real thing from Lowecrafts books, just idea of " strange thing from sea" and dark feels...

Kel Solaar
07-04-2003, 02:11 PM
Strange creature, straight in lowecraft vision, maybe a chtulu world habitant :)

golem
07-04-2003, 02:25 PM
really nice job.
i'm frenetically in love with HPL tales and can say your picture is a close portrait of the common Lovecraft's mood.
very good.

i think your picture give the idea of ancient creature, but if you keep memory of what Chtulhu represent, you will find is something more... such as a god.
maybe working a bit more with the eye expression, you can easly overcome this mortal nature and point at the idea of "deity".
if u look at HR Giger's works, for example, you will notice the eyes are pale, quite dead.
in the supreme album "Elizium", Fields of the Nephilim use the expression "dead but dreaming" singing about Chtulhu and other Ancients.

i bet that if you try to represent this double nature in your pictures, you will reach higher results.
keep on and post more.

golem

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.