PDA

View Full Version : Applying transforms and hierarchy problem...

lintso
02-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Edit #1 : Hi everybody, I re send this post in order to find help. I'm sure my script problem is actually a Max Geometry problem, encoutered by all of you !

I have a chain of boxes, assuming the role of bones for a character rig. I've no IK, just simple parenting. My root is the arm, then forearm, hand, fingers and thumb... I cloned the boxes before linking, to have the same geometry without any link, and renamed myBoneName_S . Now I just want to apply the snapshot's transform to my bones, with this little script :

(
sel = getCurrentSelection ()
nam = for i in selection collect i.name
clearSelection ()
for i in nam do execute ("selectMore $" + i + "_S")
fake = getCurrentSelection ()
for i = 1 to sel.count do
sel[i].transform = fake[i].transform
select sel
)

When you try this script on the scene, the bones are aligning to the snaps, but if you redo it few times, fingers begin to move, then hand, then forearm. The arm (root) stay fixed.

Can you help me to remove this weird offset ? I think it's a link problem, but I cannot unlink my bones before to change the transforms !

Thank you very much for reading me, and helping me if you can,

Laurent.

lintso
02-25-2009, 02:09 PM
P.L.E.A.S.E.
Maybe I should look on the Max's linking tech instead of looking for the key through script...

CGTalk Moderation
02-25-2009, 02:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.