PDA

View Full Version : Free Download

Anchuvi
07-03-2003, 09:34 AM
I have made Creature Tools Pro available for free...

Feel free to download it from my site - ant-online (http://www.ant-online.co.uk)

I would also appreciate any feedback concerning the tools so I can get any bugs ironed out...

Thanks!

steveblake
07-03-2003, 04:03 PM
I remember stumbling across your web site a while ago and thinking these Creature Tools looked extremely cool.

Thanks very much for releaseing these, I'm downloading now..

:thumbsup:

BTW is there a time limit on functionality of these Tools?

Anchuvi
07-03-2003, 04:10 PM
Your welcome, just hope you find them useful...

No time limit as this is more a period of getting the tools out and tested, so any feedback is very welcome.

Maybe when I reach version 5 or 6 I will start charging, but we will see.

KaB
07-03-2003, 05:35 PM
Does look cool...

Will this work with Maya v4.5 or 5?

Anchuvi
07-03-2003, 05:40 PM
Should be ok with both as its script based...

Not sure if it will work with Mac OsX though...

navaho
07-03-2003, 08:13 PM
CT not working with maya 5 !!!:hmm:

crSetup;
// Error: -dc "setAttr Scaler.sx `floatSliderGrp -q -v skelScale`;
//
// Error: Unterminated string. //
// Error: setAttr Scaler.sz `floatSliderGrp -q -v skelScale`"
//
// Error: setAttr Scaler.sz `floatSliderGrp -q -v skelScale`"
//

Anchuvi
07-04-2003, 08:41 AM
ARSE!

Ok, soon as I get my hands ona copy of 5 I will fix it...

ilasolomon
07-04-2003, 11:08 PM
This absolutly is a great and useful Tool. THANK YOU VERY MUCH ANTONY. this is a very easy to use and complex tool. I think I'll never do the rigging by hand myself after this, thogh the rigging is a joyful task for me but sometimes it gets boring (especialy PIVOT orient corrections!). this is a tool for every character animator who uses Maya. I've tried some rigging tool for maya like CSforMAYA, JointFactory, SkeletonWorks and some others, though they are very good but they lack in certain areas which makes them unuseable for me. I'm going to use your CT in our upcoming short and if so, your name and the tool logo will be appear in the end title for sure. thank you for puting such an effort on making this and sharing with us for free. I'm also going to put a banner in my site linked to your page. this is the least thing that I can do for you. Anyway, I took a quick look at it, but I have some suggestion for your next version of CT, if there would be any:

1. when I open a mesh then start the [Auto-rig] it reset the workflow and there is no mesh in the scene! I should import the mesh but I think it's better if it remains there.
2. this is so important: the source file 'CreatureRig_Start.ma' can be replaced by mistake very easily, if you press ctrl-S to save your work after auto-rig!
3. Needs foot finger structures, especially toe.
4. There is no visual selection handle for IK solvers. I know it could be on/off via menu, but this task is a little uncomfortable.
5. Optional rig for 4 leg creatures would be a good idea.
6. Knee and elbow positioners could be implemented into channel bar (like default maya's IK twist).
7. When we turn on the Ik solver in hand, the hand (wrist) doesn't fix while we move the hip or spine CTRLs.
8. Changing the 'head tilt' parameter will reset the 'head direction helper'.
9. Forearm twist solution.

Tell me if I went something wrong.
Though some of these are not very major things and one can defines them by himself easily. Now I'm going to make some nice riggings for couple of characters in less than a day! BTW I think this is a stuff that should be placed in the front page, instead of some boring stuff.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SheepFactory
07-05-2003, 12:08 AM
Great stuff , plugged at cg networks

Anchuvi
07-05-2003, 06:57 PM
Thanks ila_solomon those are very good ideas, and exactly what I am after from people when I start working on version 5...

Anyone else has any ideas please let me know :thumbsup:

Also thanks for the plug on cg networks :)

magilla
07-07-2003, 04:03 AM
HEy Ant,

Unfortunately I got some buggy behaviour with this version - using FMV build:

- IK arm breaks away from forearm, L_ConWristTw needs y and Z locked

- L_Wrist rotate X is unconnected - shouldn't this be driven by a controller.

- hand rotations are unpredictable and rotates when moving spine or move controls.

- can't 'reset' ik controls to zero - (bindpose not at zero)

- LeftHand (or duplicate - LeftHandIK) needs to drive the LARm_IK as IK handles are not meant to be manipulated directly, for example it doesn't work with align scripts etc.

- ditto Head direction

- Some option for an independant head orientation should be included - this system makes it impossible to maintain the orientation of the head whilst rotating the spine.

On the positive side - I like the spine, finger and leg controls. I laso like the multi-resolution options - very cool.

--magilla

Anchuvi
07-07-2003, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the feedback!

I will sort all this out for version 5, I promise :thumbsup:

Anchuvi
07-07-2003, 10:24 AM
Hey magilla, just going through some of your points...Hope they help!

- IK arm breaks away from forearm, L_ConWristTw needs y and Z locked.

>> Got it!

- L_Wrist rotate X is unconnected - shouldn't this be driven by a controller.

>> You should use LeftHand to rotate the left wrist.

- hand rotations are unpredictable and rotates when moving spine or move controls.

>> Got it!

- can't 'reset' ik controls to zero - (bindpose not at zero)

>> I will include a "Reset to bind pose" button. Although for now the bind pose is stored on frame -1.

- LeftHand (or duplicate - LeftHandIK) needs to drive the LARm_IK as IK handles are not meant to be manipulated directly, for example it doesn't work with align scripts etc.

>> Will look into this.

- ditto Head direction

>> Will look into this.

- Some option for an independant head orientation should be included - this system makes it impossible to maintain the orientation of the head whilst rotating the spine.

>> There should be a dynamic attribute on the head IK handle called HeadRotAid. Switch this on to reveal a circle which you can parent the handle to. You can then use the circel to animate the head.

Thanks again for the feedback, keep it coming everyone!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.