PDA

View Full Version : Dog 'Happy Walk' Test - Critique Requested

LadyRedTailedHawk
02-24-2009, 05:15 AM
Hello,

This is a dog mesh I modeled for my senior collective. My room mate helped me rigg him and now I'm getting used to his controls by setting up a little walk cycle.

Any critique would be most appreciated, thanks for your time.

http://www.solaceskies.com/dog.swf

~Lauren

torresmedia
02-24-2009, 09:26 AM
Your having a bit of distortion in the back leggs. He also puts his foot to hard down. Keep it up! :thumbsup:

iliketrees
02-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Thats really good, well done!

Your skill is well beyond my own but thought Id mention what I can see that may improve the cycle from a fresh pair of eyes perspective..

The head seems to have pretty much the same movement as the body, if the head swung at a slightly different time/amount of rotation, or rotated up and down more than side to side as it traveled with the body, your animation would have a lot more depth and believability.

I thought there was a jerk with the dogs front left leg as its lifted to come back opposed to the rear leg as mention by torresmedia but this may well be the angle its viewed at

:cool:

theskydreamer2003
02-26-2009, 09:24 PM
critique:
-the head should have a slight delay as the paw(dogs feet)touch the land. the ears should have a much more movement: follow trough is called; eventually try a forward-backward movement
-the paw of the dog has no heal so it doesn't land on it
-the leap is to large 4 a dog; and is so annoying that rotation of the paw since it hasn't heal there
-the tail movement is wrong, it should be up-down and much more from the tip of the tail and not from the base

CGTalk Moderation
02-26-2009, 09:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.