PDA

View Full Version : Environment: CAVE

PascalR
07-03-2003, 09:16 AM
Hi all!
Here is the finished version of my cave.
Comments are welcome :)
Cheers

Pascal

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.raimbault/cave.jpg

View my latest Wip model (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90478)

soundwav_
07-03-2003, 09:33 AM
beautiful ! :applause:
but if that's supposed to be running water on the floor of the cave, it needs some more work... it doesn't look too liquid-like.

other than that, GREAT WORK!

sarfarazsoomro
07-03-2003, 09:41 AM
hey nice one there.. maybe the movement of water seem to be violent,... it needs not to be IMO whitishh... :)

torbjorn
07-03-2003, 11:00 AM
Fantastic!!! Looks like they style that's in LOR ( Lot's of robots )

oxygen_77
07-03-2003, 12:12 PM
Great job!! This reminds me of the cave from the movie "Enemy Mine"... it's an old movie with Dennis Quaid in it (in case you don't know). I think the white stuff at the bottom looks more like ice than water, but I'm not sure if that's what its supposed to be either. The lighting and rock texture is very nice!

ansiaaa
07-03-2003, 01:14 PM
very nice work! some crits:
-the sky is so blue, and red shining on the rocks so red... what time is it in this pic? noon? or dawn?
-the running water should be more reflective and shining

DAREONER
07-03-2003, 01:17 PM
taiiin ca defouraille, le rendu est vraimment bien et tu commence a bien déchiré dans ce domaine, j aimerais bien voir un format plus grand

stephen2002
07-03-2003, 01:31 PM
The cave itself looks good. I'm guessing you used a lot of displacement mapping/texturing here. The "water" looks more like flowing rock to me. Also I have to agree about the time of day with the lighting. The only way to get lighting at that angle would be dawn or dusk, yet the sky is such a bright blue and the clouds look as if we are looking stright up out of the cave.

rollmops
07-03-2003, 02:37 PM
:thumbsup:
Is this made with mentalray displacement?
Cool. But you might chose another sky!;)

Kel Solaar
07-03-2003, 02:48 PM
i don't like the background (clouds seems to be very low) and the water effect isnt very beautifull, otherwise good work on the rock texturing and the lightning,

PhilOsirus
07-03-2003, 03:45 PM
Awsome, it looks like the rendering style used in the Final Fantasy movie, with the colors and the kind of saturation. Great job, just fix that water to make it look more flat and water-like:)

PascalR
07-03-2003, 08:41 PM
Hey thanks a lot for your feedback :beer:
ansiaaa: I would say afternoon. I agree about reflexion but I had some problems to make it with MTOR.
DAREONER: Thanks a lot man, I will try to render it in larger res for you. By the way , did you know that we (all ex-chaman member) are currently looking for a job??? (on a été viré par Xilam a cause de l'echec Kaena):shrug:
rollmops: this is renderman displacement and the sky was built with Maya fluid effects.
Kel Solaar: Merci pour ton post fiston, et bon courage pour ton école.
I will try to post some animation test I made with water, I think the effect works better when moving.

Thanks a lot all!

Take care,

Pascal

PhilOsirus
07-03-2003, 09:35 PM
I haven't heard about what happened with Kaena but I knew it was bound to happen. I hate seeing how people who work so hard on those movies (like FF) end up not being able to profit, money-wise or not, from their efforts. It's easy to know what kind of movie to make to have successfull 3D movie, making it is harder, but the idea behind Kaena was bound to lead to this:hmm: Oh well, keep it up guys!:beer:

Joebount
07-03-2003, 09:46 PM
Ah les enfoirés de chez Xilam ! Bien entendu, eux n'ont fait aucune faute de production (je pennse que l'on se comprend sur certains points là ... ). Ils ont aussi décidé de déplacer la partie de leur activité 3D en Asie ? :thumbsdow
Bon, bein bonne chance pour ta recherche de boulot ( ça ne devrait pas être trop dur ! :) )

Sympa l'image, juste l'eau un peu zarbi. :thumbsup:

PS : Renderman,; c'est tellement compliqué ?

PascalR
07-03-2003, 09:46 PM
Hey thank you so much for your support Phil "Osirus" :beer:
As Kaena made only less than 100 000 entries in France, our boss decided to stop working with us. It 's a bit hard to accept that , but this is the business rule :shrug:

JoeBount: Merci pour ton soutient, c'est vrai que ca fait bien mal aux miches de se faire mettre a la porte comme ca mais je vais pas commencer la dessus sinon ca va dégénérer...
PS:Renderman c'est pas compliqué c'est extremement complexe ;)
Thanks again!

Pascal

PhilOsirus
07-03-2003, 10:35 PM
Hey in the end since the mistakes didn't come from you guys you are bound to simply continue your great work while the big bosses are bound to make the same mistakes:p

NZO
07-04-2003, 07:58 AM
Wonderfull Pascal
Good luck for your looking job

:applause: :applause:

NZO

tomaya
07-04-2003, 08:42 AM
Awsome work pascal ! I love the atmosphere
Great render :applause:

PascalR
07-07-2003, 08:35 PM
Thanks a lot guys:beer:
I wish we could work together on another great project one day:beer:
Good luck friends!

Pascal

tomaya
07-08-2003, 12:09 AM
Yep ! As you wish cap'tain,when you want. Hey! could you
send us some of yours "hardcore models" in this gallery
it would be nice he!he!...:scream:
:beer:

tomaya
07-08-2003, 12:13 AM
When i say "hardcore models " i mean so good modeling
that ILM can cry for years!...:thumbsup:

PascalR
07-08-2003, 09:22 AM
Hey thanks a lot tomaya!!
But you know, I feel like a little junior everytime I see ILM 's work ;)
Here is a link to my latest model WIP:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71312
Thanks a lot for your feedback:beer:
Take care,

Pascal

izmal
07-08-2003, 01:32 PM
love your work...all of it!where did you get all this ideas from...so talented!creative!realistic!fantastic!boombastic....etc.
no comments...just GREAT JOB!salut...bonjour...bravo!:applause:

PascalR
09-18-2003, 08:00 PM
Thank you so much izmal!!
Sorry for being so long to answer:blush:
I have updated the broken link to the image.:beer:
Take care,

Pascal

http://www.3dluvr.com/pascalr

bleu
09-19-2003, 03:39 PM
Salut la France!!

C'est vraiment un superbe eclairage. (It really is an amazing lightning). Le diable de l'autre forum est vraiment puissant. (The devil of the other thread is really powerful).

Lache pas! (Keep up the good work)

onscreen
09-19-2003, 03:58 PM
Nice Try! Nice Work! Nice Job! Nice image! Nice render! Nice .....eer and warm afternoon :D

PascalR
10-07-2003, 03:04 PM
Hey Thanks a lot onscreen and bleu:beer:
Take care,

Pascal

View my last work in progress (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90478)

KaDDD
10-07-2003, 04:58 PM
wow ! ! superb ! ! good ambiance and magic light
i like it ! ! !:applause:

PascalR
10-08-2003, 08:23 AM
Thanks a lot m@lonet :beer:
Take care,
Pascal

View my latest Wip model (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90478)

mickatt
10-08-2003, 09:10 AM
really nice rendering

I saw on your website the wip of this scene and I love the first image too ;)

ps: ton model "karlak" c'est une grosse tuerie !!!(le reste aussi)
C'est la methode classique des studios americains et donc t'as largement ta place la-bas...

J'ai appris l'embrouille xilam et tu merites mieux que ca...
en tout cas bonne chance

Swissphil
10-08-2003, 11:51 AM
thought the "water" on the floor is melting snow/ice.. and for me it looks quite convincing (as long as I look at as snow/ice)

Great texturing!

PascalR
10-08-2003, 07:49 PM
Hey thanks a lot mickatt:beer:
Merci pour tes encouragements, ca me fait tres plaisir :D
Tu bosses sur le Bilal?

Swissphil: Thanks for your post and kind words. Infact I wanted to make water but I still have a lot to learn about simulating raytrace effects with Prman:hmm:

Thanks for your posts!!

Take care,

Pascal

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.