PDA

View Full Version : KURV studios Releases Advanced Cartoon Series

kurv
02-23-2009, 10:34 PM
Press Release: KURV studios Releases Advanced Cartoon Series

For Immediate Release February 23, 2009, KURV studios announces the release of their Advanced Cartoon Series with the first video, Head Modeling.

This is the first video in a large series on Advanced Cartoon Character creation. This video series from KURV studios is unlike any training ever done for LightWave 3D. We started with a character from PushPen Studios. An extremely professional character just like one you would be handed at studios like Dreamworks or Pixar Animation Studios.

Then we take the character and professionally model, texture, rig, animate and work a little LightWave 3D magic with dynamics.

In this video, we show you how to model Chris Phoenix's head from his chiseled chine to his extreme style hair. This video is more than 9 hours of instruction. In true splinegod style, Larry shows you more than one way to model the head and hair. He also goes into detail on polygon flow and the importance of the flow especially on a character like this.

To get more information about this video series, please visit KURV studios here http://www.kurvstudios.com/lightwave/advcartoon_head.php

About KURV studios
Based in McKinney Texas, KURV studios, LLC is an independent technology training company developing highend 3D training products for artists working in the film industry and students aspiring to film work. KURV studios is rapidly being recognized as the leading video training company specializing in VFX training on LightWave, 3DS Max, Digital Fusion, Photoshop, BodyPaint and more. Founded in 2004, by Wes Beckwith KURV studios has worked with industry leading artists such as Glen Southern, Larry Shultz, Fred Pienkos, Nicholas Boughen, and more. For more information on KURV studios, visit www.kurvstudios.com (http://www.kurvstudios.com/).

http://www.kurvstudios.com/images/advcartoon_headmodeling-lrg.jpg

kurv
02-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Wanted to also be sure to mention it is 20% off for a limited time.

Save 20% for a Limited Time
For a limited time, save 20% on all regularly priced KURV studios video titles. YES, save 20% now on the new Cartoon Title, or the Advanced Particles title. This discount is good for all regularly priced videos (not bundles or discounted titles). To receive your discount, use the following coupon code on checkout - 0220FEB

a_joke
02-24-2009, 06:45 PM
i do have a question...when will we see a sample clip or image? i mean fifty bucks is fifty bucks. not anything against the video it's just...i don't know i want to see what i'm buying is all.

Josef
02-26-2009, 12:08 PM
I can tell ya, I had a lot of fun watching the LIVE TRAINING of the Cartoon Character Head Modeling, it's really well done and every penny worth, I'm more than happy to get the DVD in my shelf now.
The teacher "Larry Shultz" well known as Splinegod did an excellent job as usual, he explains it all so easy and understandable, give you more then one way to go to the end result of the head with a lot of extra Tips & Tricks.
Can't wait to get my hands on the other upcoming parts of this Training Series. I'm still working on the head (to less time), I'll post it here later.

BTW THANKS for the 20% off

Cheers,
JJ

CGTalk Moderation
02-26-2009, 12:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.