PDA

View Full Version : Live Footage with CG Element track

TRi-14
07-03-2003, 07:02 AM
Hi guys. I have working in Maya live lately and doing motion tracking or a scene. I can get a scene fit so that i can add characters or independent objects in the scene and they fit the camera motion.

(Example of what Iím trying to do)
What i am wondering is how could i take some live footage of my arm with greenscreen sleeve on with track points placed over it and replace it with a CG arm?

Iíve used motion match also were you pin corners of a image to points of a track.

-chris

dg
07-04-2003, 03:27 AM
Hi,

If I'm not mistaken 3D Equalizer does that kind of tracking, I'm not sure that Maya live can handle this kinda of tracking but....

3D Equalizer (http://www.3dequalizer.com/)

Sorry that I can't help you mate,
See ya! :cool:

loked
07-06-2003, 03:05 PM
I would definitely go with Boujou. Although both Boujou and 3d equalizer are gonna cost you. They are'nt free.

Maya Live IMO is not that good a live footage tracker.

later:wavey:
loked

TRi-14
07-06-2003, 10:19 PM
Thanks guys. I guess ill go and read up about thoes. Maya live tracks the camera movement really good for me, but i just dont know how to use it to track a objects movement and rotations.

Thanks again for the replies!

-chris

TRi-14
07-13-2003, 10:54 PM
Lately Iíve been working in Boujou and its tracking is very nice! I can quickly track scenes from my DV camcorder and add a elements into the scene easily with its tracking.... but i still cant get the effect of tracking (example) a arm with track points on it and have a cg arm inherit the rotation and translation of the arm with track points... Iíve been trying it with masking in Boujou (track the scene then the arm) but i cant really figure out how to get the 2 tracks to integrate together in Maya.

The end of the car tracking tutorial confuses me.. heh

any suggestions of questions please contact me any way.
Thanks

-chris

beaker
07-13-2003, 11:56 PM
It sucks, but your best bet is to just hand animate/match the animation of a cgi hand to the real one. Boujou is a matchmove package and less of an object tracking software. It is for matching camera movements from the real world to the cgi world. Most tracking is a 2d operation and will not really yield much of anything in the z axis.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.