PDA

View Full Version : Texturing Help!!!

kafmax
05-05-2002, 03:58 AM
hi Guys,

I'm New to Texturing...So i was Wondring "Is there any Book FULLY covering On Texturing Human Face etc? I really wanna Learn to Texture my models. Im Very bad at using UVW unwrap in Max.

Also is there a Book that Takes you thru From Scratch to Finished Textured Face Using PhotoShop and MAX??? I bought myself Graphic tablet too and now Looking for Book that i can Learn from...So If you can Help that would be Great!

Many Thanks!

Kamran.
(Kafmax).

GRMac13
05-05-2002, 05:07 AM
There are plenty of online tuorials for texture-mapping. Your best bet would be to get an all-around book dealing with whatever software your using to learn the specifics of how the mapping system works in that program. One book I would suggest for any serious CG artist is New Riders' "[digital] Texturing and Painting", by Owen Demers. This book is not software specfic, but gives alot of great techniques in bringing your renders to life. Definately worth a look.

kafmax
05-05-2002, 07:48 AM
Yes, I'm actually uing 3ds Max4x. I really want to buy any Decent book on Texturing I found theres a Book by Bill fleming where he uses Frankenstein and Deep paint. Im not very good at making textures nor Appying Textures to Face in 3d too. I looked at 3dcafe etc but Really need a Book that can Teach more From Scratch.

From

Kamran.

NowInc
05-06-2002, 03:51 AM
...you try the MAX manuals?

leigh
05-06-2002, 05:22 PM
go to Tutorial Find (http://www.tutorialfind.com) and look through there for tuts...
I seriously doubt that you will find a book dealing exclusively with texturing faces. The best advice I could give you is, as you are new to texturing, try texturing simpler objects first. That way you can slowly begin to understand the process and work up to the point when you can texture a face. Skin is one of the toughest things to texture correctly, so I really think that if you jump straight into the deep end and try and make it, you may miss out on some important lessons that you would otherwise learn while slowly building up to it.
Remember, with a bit of patience, you will learn better...

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.