PDA

View Full Version : funky fast LW motion troubleshoot question

nessjp
07-03-2003, 05:20 AM
As of yesterday, models in modeler, particularly in the perspective view, are behaving erratic with the viewport controls.

If I zoom, it goes so fast you can hardly see it. Rotate, it spins like a top very fast and erratic. Move does the same thing.

What is going on? I do not think that this could be a Video card issue as everything else is fine and it is only with the viewport icons.

Win 2000, LW 7.5c

Ayreon
07-03-2003, 08:48 AM
Are you using a mouse or a tablet? Make sure the settings are correct in the options panel. I had that once when modeler went back to the default mouse setting, while I was using a tablet.

Ayreon

kretin
07-03-2003, 08:53 AM
Does it also do it when you hold down Alt and drag with the mouse?

You could try killing your configs, that often solves weird things like this, especially when it just starts happening out of the blue when it was working properly before. I haven't come across it myself though.

EvilE
07-03-2003, 03:40 PM
For me that happens when i accidently leave my pen on my wacom and try to work with the mouse :wip:

EE

nessjp
07-04-2003, 07:20 PM
I have tried all of the above suggestions.
I use a mouse and it is set in options for that.
I killed my config files and that did nothing.
I no longer have my wacom, so no issue there.

The funny thing is, if I start a new model, everything is fine and the way it should be and has always been.
If I open a model that I was working on within the last few weeks, they are the ones going all crazy as mentioned. What the hell?

Is it time for a re-install?

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.